RIAA wants your fingerprints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIAA wants your fingerprints

"In practical terms, VeriTouch's breakthrough in anti-piracy technology means that no delivered content to a customer may be copied, shared or otherwise distributed because each file is uniquely locked by the customer's live fingerprint scan," claims the company.

Then read "Gummi bears defeat fingerprint sensors"
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

So they're continuing their campaign of treating even people who do not illegally copy music like criminals.

Comment

are they that intent on destroying the music industry??
      Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

This money-grubbing filth is beginning to froth at the mouth. We all know they don't give a damn about artists or recording engineers getting paid. It's the people who do NOTHING yet get all the money who are causing this trouble. They are a cancer and should not legally be able to exist.

Comment

Pretty soon, they're gonna wnat some kind of DRM headphones so only the person with the correct DNA sequence can listen to the music. Normal speakers will be outlawed because how dare more than person listen to a CD!!

Comment

If this stupidass idea is actually made into a product, it will be very interesting when the fingerprint reader doesn't recognize the real owner of the music. Cheap readers don't work well at all.

Comment

love the gummi story though

my boss was looking to deploy senssative medical info on PDAs with finger readers - I told her she was mad - looks like some ammo for my argument.
              Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

I dont think that will ever fly in Canada

Comment

i got a finger they can scan...
                  "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
                    HAHA
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DGhost
                      Lool!

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Working...
                      X