• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a few closeups

Hmm why won't my monitor turn on?
    Attached Files

lil' spider
    about 0.5-0.9 cm long(leg tip to leg tip)
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Marshmallowman; 3 June 2004, 05:44.

Comment

him again...he's fast
      Attached Files

Comment

He's quite a little critter, he leap on me from the roof or something.

Then proceed to bungee jump off my glasses, I thought he was a mozzie and was swatting at a him for minute until I realize he wasn't flying but doing some trick bungee jumping, like a little yoyo

He's so quick for something that small, and cute to

He was very hard to photgraph as he wouldn't sit still for more than a 10 seconds, and I did not want to lose him my house (he would of starved..no spider food for a fellow that size )
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Marshmallowman; 3 June 2004, 05:47.

Comment

Re: a few closeups

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
          Hmm why won't my monitor turn on?
          I'd say it's a bad resistor.

- Steve

Comment

heh its a diode

Comment

Originally posted by Marshmallowman
              heh its a diode
              R338= Resistor :P
              We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

yep, the diode survived, the resistor is in resistor heaven.
                it blew up real good.
                unfortunetly, it is unlikely that the resistor itself self-destructed.
                something did cause it to blow up.
                Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

leaky cap probably (might sound like a broken record,... but it's true!
                  "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

you can't see it from that angle, but d308 and d309 are a pair , the r338 is hidden behind the black thing.

It is very obvous if look on the other side of the board (d308 and d309 are marked quite clearly)..and since there are 2 diodes marked and only one still actually exists, I have replaced and it is working fine now.. should have checked the caps' tho....

Did not realise how misleading it looks from that angle

But I must say looking at the photo after you said it was a resistor did startle me.

But if you look along the top of the black box(relay I think) you will jsut make out a bit of the resistor

Comment

actually I think r338 might refer to the resistor that is not there...see the large box and empty holes on either side of the burnt out diode....It was for a part that fits over the diode..but was not used for this mode.

Well I %$#@% hope it was a diode...cause its got one now and it seems to be working well

and I thought the spider was more interesting..pff.
                      Last edited by Marshmallowman; 4 June 2004, 02:26.

Comment

Ok, diodes will spontaeniously combust. You may want to replace the other one just in case.
                        hope you used the same type as it's neighbour. If this is used in a switching power supply you may need a high-frequency switching type, or you will find it will go south again.

Looks like there are more electonics experts than spider experts
                        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Yes indeed.

I'm like Scotty with the spider:

"It's... well it's... it's..... green"

- Steve

Comment

notice the silk screen for a larger part.. appears to me the went on the cheap and down rated the current spec when they shouldn't have.... aka there would be more + (or -) current to deal with than the other
                            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I noticed that.

I wonder if they designed the board to accept either a resistor (R338) or a diode in the same location? The wider hole spacing is the same as the large resistors above the diode.

- Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X