How to best stich 2 mpeg2 2 files together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to best stich 2 mpeg2 2 files together

There's this concert I downloaded, it's in MPEG2 - plays in Power DVD player only.

Now some stupid guy split the concert in two parts in the middle of a song.

What would be the best way of stitching it together?

Currently I have virtual dub at my disposal, are there any better tools for the job?

Any other suggestions - should I try to clean it or try to reencode it?

VirtualDub can stitch AVI files together but for some reason won't stitch MPEG files. There are lots of commercial programs that will do it: Womble MPEG Edit and Ulead Media Studio Pro can both join MPEG files together without re-encoding. Most other video editing apps can too (like Pinnacle Studio and Ulead Video Studio).

You might be able to do it from the command line in Windows. I've done the following with success before (CD to the folder with the two files then):

COPY /b INPUT1.MPG+INPUT2.MPG OUTPUT.MPG

Both files have to have the same format (frame size, frame rate, same audio codec) for that to work. It's worth a try.

Comment

Would Adobe Premiere do it?

I'd then like to split file again in order to burn it to two CDs, just not split in the middle of a song, but between two songs.

Comment

It's not seamless, time is off.

Would Adobe Premiere do it?

Comment

I seem to recall reading that Adobe Premiere doesn't handle MPEG as input. But I don't use it so I can't say for sure.

If you can join the two files with the command line COPY command you can split later with VirtualDub.

Comment

TMPGEnc has MPEG Tools which could be what you are looking for. I think its free to try or something for a month then you gotta pay for it. I'm sure you could do what you need in a month.
            Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
            MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
            Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
            Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Womble MPEG2VCR is the fastest and easiest tool for this. Juszt load all te clips into the clip list and save it. There is no rendering at all and you can even edit it a bit if you want. Last time I checked there was a 30 day trial for the MPEG2 capabilities and then it is MPEG1 only. TMPGEnc would probably work as well unless the streams are different.
              WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Update:

Now I have also the sound for said concert as a DTS Audio CD image.

This means I could perhaps synch it with the CD Audio and reencode it in MPG4 or somesuch.

This would be mainly meant as learning project. So what do you suggest.

Comment

Working...
                X