reef demo supported on the P750?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reef demo supported on the P750?

I have read about the reef demo and was wondering if it is supported on the P750. I have the CD that came with the card but didn't see the demo on it anywhere. Is it supported on the P750 and if it is, where do I find it???

I did search this forum and see that Matrox does not have it up for download anywhere.

Thanks.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Hello,

This demo came on my installation CD with P750, but when I run it and tried to exit the demo it locked up my computer completely. Unfortunately, my card is new and I am still having issues if the HSF is mounted correctly, so running this demo (heating the GPU) and then having it lock up on me isn't very promissing.

Miro

Comment

He asked for the demo not the video!
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Sorry... thought they'd finally pulled their heads out and posted them online... Oh wait that was yet another brilliant business decision by DW.

Not sure if the 750 will run the demo, it has half of everything a normal P has.
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

There is a Reef Demo upgrade available on the Utilities and Patches site

Ugrade allows Matrox Parhelia Reef Demo to play properly with recent 1.01 drivers for Windows 2000/XP.
            Good luck,
            Peter Aragon
            Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

The P750 will run the reef demo.

dshumake

Comment

it didn't come with my p750!

Would have been cool to try it though. Anyone want to share?

Comment

If you have hosting for the rather large file, I'd gladly share it with you...
                  Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I thought it used to be on Matrox's website...

of course, they also used to have a Developer Relations section of the website as well...
                    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Well, it seemed to me like they took it down for a good reason. When 3danalyze started letting everyone else play it their servers got hammered, why pay for customers of other companies?

Comment

Well... both NVidia and ATI left their tech demos up on their websites, despite 3danalyze...

it doesn't really seem to make that much sense to me, the Matrox demos were never as popular as the others....

oh well, gotta love M's business decisions...
                        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Try searching on the emule/edonkey2000 network.

Sure murc is not into warez, but these networks can be used *legally* and the demo was publicly available.

Comment

Heh :P Parhelia refdemo is nice but not so nice like G400 TechDemo.. Try G400 TechDemo, it's ghreate & it will work very nice on P750
                            A CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just 4 hours...

Comment

Originally posted by Nicram
                              Heh :P Parhelia refdemo is nice but not so nice like G400 TechDemo.. Try G400 TechDemo, it's ghreate & it will work very nice on P750
                              You are missing the point, he wants to try the Reef demo, not an old G400 Tech demo.

Comment

Working...
                              X