Gardening is good for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gardening is good for you

Sorry not. I now got a very stiff back from Yesterday.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Funny you would bring this up, as I was working all day in garden yesterday as well. The sun cooked me right through my SPF 30 sun block.
    --Insert something here--

Comment

don't get me going on bad backs ....

Comment

Bah, Much easier to go to the local market. Just as fresh, and much less pain.
        "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax
          Funny you would bring this up, as I was working all day in garden yesterday as well. The sun cooked me right through my SPF 30 sun block.
          If it did then it's either old and should be replaced or you didn't follow the directions.

Saw a guy in a convience store once who was a redhead / very fair complection in dispirate need of help... d00d pulled up his shirt and looked like a giant red/white swirly lollypop. His problem was... he didn't shake it up before applying.

Remember old products settle so shake it up well... also most suntan lotion manufactures recommend replacing once a year at the beginning of the season
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

You should try mucking out a couple of barns then
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Gardening is for retireies

Comment

Originally posted by Elie
                Is that your FINAL answer?
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Elie

Sadly not.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Luckily for me, my in-laws were here for the last 10 days.

Normally, this might not be a lucky thing, but as it turns out, my (retired) father-in-law loves to do yard work. And (retired) mother-in-law likes to cook. So, plenty of food and a great looking lawn, with no cooking or mowing/planting/mulching/trimming/weed pulling/etc for me for 10 days. woohoo!

- Steve

(edited a typo)

Comment

@ byock, it's not just as fresh from the market (and it tastes better when you WORK to grow it yourself)
                      @ elie, gardening isn't just for retired folks....it's for those of us from the green eastern states that moved to the dry, dead, brown desert of the western states too (just have to add some green here to spice things up a bit)
                      I'm a genie in a bottle BABY, gotta rub ME the right way!!!

Comment

I like concrete gardens.

No grass to cut.

No roses to prune.

No privet to cut.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

I like gardening, and I know quite a few young people who like gardening...exotic grasses mostly

Its keeping me quite fit, 3 tree stumps removed and 4 more to go.

Comment

Nothing tastes better than fresh vegetables from the garden.
                            And I am nowhere near retiring!
                            Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

In all the years of having a family garden, none has a tomato that comes close to how good mine are this year, I'm even impressed... and quite sweet too... those hot house or otherwise known as vine ripened store bought fake red tomatoes don't even come close.

Only thing that bums me out is the growing season is already over here (too hot now)

Comment

Working...
                              X