Anyone use Womble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone use Womble?

There are two amazing little mpeg tools available on www.womble.com.

"mpeg2vcr" cuts and trims mpeg-2 videos easily, and has the fastest mpeg-2 scrubbing I've ever seen, and "mpeg2wizard" is a complete little mpeg-2 NLE program with titles, transitions and a smart rendering technology that only re-renders the transitions and effects.

Though it performs amazingly well, it's rather pricey at 103 Euros (you can get a full-fledged NLE program such as Ulead Videostudio or Pinnacle Studio with DVD authoring for that price). Still, for those with DVD camcorders, this really might be it.
    Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Been using it for years now. It is by far the best MPEG2 editor that I have ever used. It does a little more than just edit too, it does do some stream fixing, though I rarely ever used that. What I use it for these days is to capture MPEG2 at DVD specs with my AIW and then use MPEG2VCR to edit out the commericals. About 2-5 minutes for it to "render" (doesn't really render at all though which is the best part) and it is ready to author to DVD. I just love the fact that there is no generation loss when cutting stuff out. It kicks the crap out of everything including Ulead's MPEG editing capabililties.

A definite must have for the editing toolbox.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

If you like mpeg2vcr, you will love mpeg2Wizard even better. It is a complete NLE program with all the features that mpeg2vcr has.
      Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying dutchman
        If you like mpeg2vcr, you will love mpeg2Wizard even better. It is a complete NLE program with all the features that mpeg2vcr has.
        I tried it out, but I don't really need all the bells and whistles, I already know mpeg2vcr pretty well and it does what I need. It does look pretty, but I couldn't figure out how to cut commercials out with it. Of course I didn't really try too hard.
        WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

Working...
        X