Moment of silence...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moment of silence...

One thing that awes me about MURC is the fact there is so many people from all countries and walks of life who visit and contribute here, where as so many other hardware websites are almost exclusively american.

Many of you probably know that in America, today is Memorial Day. It was originally a day for us to remember those who have made the ultimate sacrifice in defense of their country during our Civil War - a war where soldiers fought brothers and fellow countrymen to defend their country.

In the years since, it has been expanded to remember those who died in all of our wars - from the American Revolution to World Wars I and II on through the Korean and Vietnam Wars to our current battles in the mideast today. In these wars people from all walks of life and from all corners of the globe have died fighting for freedom - if not their own then for the freedom of others.

American is not the only country that has fought wars and had people who sacrified their lives for those of others. In the spirit of this day, I ask you - the people of MURC - to observe a moment of silence for those who have died fighting for freedom for your own country, from your own cultures.

Thank you.

-L
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Amen.
    Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Beautiful.
      Join MURCs Distributed Computing effort for Rosetta@Home and help fight Alzheimers, Cancer, Mad Cow disease and rising oil prices.
      [...]the pervading principle and abiding test of good breeding is the requirement of a substantial and patent waste of time. - Veblen

Comment

Here it's the day before independence day.
        This leads to a quite weird situation of 1 minute separating between one of the saddest and one of the happiest days here.
        "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Honered they be, those that now feast in the halls of Valhala
          "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Working...
          X