Please Enable Direct 3D Acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Enable Direct 3D Acceleration

For some reason whenever I have my G200 enabled dxdiag states that Direct3D is not enabled on my 9700Pro.

In dual screen mode I am unable to run the ut2004 editor or anything else that requires d3d without going back to single head, anyone else have a similar setup and able to run a d3d app with their second card enabled.

* Non P owners, assume you guys will be alright, like my G400 was. *

I don't think it can be done because the G200 doesn't support later versions of DirectX (the card is a bit on the old side).

The G200 probably can't run the editor at all, even if it were by itself.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

The thing is why does Dxdiag say that the primary head is the one without acceleration enabled, thats the bit I don't get.

Just tried again, and for some reason it is now working, not sure how long it will last. Max is open as well, god knows how I can suddenly do this, probably won't work if I shut it down again.

Doesn't work on my mates rig either, he has a 9600Xt and a 9000.
      Last edited by dbdg; 30 May 2004, 11:19.

Comment

Fyi there is a known issue with the recent ATI cards (9xxx series) that they don't get along well with another graphics card enabled in the system. It causes some problems with the ATI control panel app and some of their driver extensions, but its random... so that could explain why you suddenly got it to work for no reason.

Comment

Working...
        X