Laptop for my mom?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laptop for my mom?

My mom is giving her computer (an HP Pavilon with a Celeron 600 or so processor) to my younger sibling who's moving back into town, and would really like a laptop so she can use the thing anywhere in the house.

I don't really know much about the laptop market, anyone have any hints? She's aiming for a maximum price of $1,200, and will be on dial-up. She'll be using it mainly for email and regular web browsing, nothing too heavy (although with software these days what isn't CPU intensive. ) She's got a printer and a digital camera, both using USB interfaces.

Will she be using the battery a lot (or long)/rarely (and then not for more than one and a half hours)/never?

If a, Pentium M/Centrino (or iBook), if c) have a look at the cheap Elitegroup Z-Buddies.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I'd have to guess she'd rarely if ever use battery power. Anyone had any experience getting one online, no more problems than ordering any other computer components?

Comment

Toshiba has some rock bottom prices right now. 700-800$. Go for it. They're usually P4 2.66 or 2.8 with enough RAM (256 or 512) and HDD for what she wants to do.

Comment

Working...
        X