Cool RC Helicopter vid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool RC Helicopter vid

Alan Szabo Jr. & his bird, at the 4th Annual Las Vegas Fun Fly.

14.3MB

:eek

Wow!

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

holy crap, I didn't think that was aerodynamically possible!

Comment

That guy has obviously spent just a little time learning how to fly.
        Copters are by far the most difficult RC aircraft to pilot. I know guys who've flown them for years that would never even attempt that kind of stuff.
        Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

That was amazing.
          -We stop learning when We die, and some
          people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
          Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
          - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
          - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

I had no idea that you could even do that kind of stuff with a helicopter
            Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

That dude has some kind of zen thing going on with his chopper. I didn't know there were rc copters available that were capable of that kinda crap. The z-axis acceleration was unreal.

Anyone know what that baby is worth?
              Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Just imagine how sick you'd be if you were aboard a manned aircraft that did that...

Comment

I think you'd be a pile of goo splattered all over the interior

Comment

WOW.

Joel
                    Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                    Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

It uses gyros for stability, it's not quite like the older or less expensive ones that feature the classic "fly by the seat of somebody elses pants" control system.

Still really damn impressive, I'd love to see a recording made from a tiny camera in the cockpit, even though it'd likely be exceedingly nauseating.

Comment

I'm guessing he can reverse the motor on the fly.. the thing must have incredible torque to do that. that hovering upside down and sideways and such was just insane. He should have crashed about 50 times. Wonder if there is any way this could be CG or wires tricking us..

Comment

The motor (engine) only spins one direction it's the magic of the rotor head that allows all that control (and a good gyro/computer radio (very similar to mine

Very wicked video and all from a kid who's 17

more info... http://www.littlerotors.com/articles...0802/index.asp
                          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

You just reverse the blades instead of the motor.

AZ
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

3-4 Axis Piezo Gyros and Computer Mixing Radios make things like this possible...

Of Course, the Power to Weight Ratio of Helicopters has REALLY improved over the thirty years since Dieter Schluter first flew his R/C Helicopter back in the 70's. The New-generation Helicopters use powerful 4-stroke engines as well as some very advanced engineering to make them what they are today.

The Rotorheads are every bit as advanced as what comes off the production lines at Aerospatiale, Boeing, Messerschmidt-Bolkow, or Wessex. In some ways they are more advanced due to how the flybar (the little paddle thingies on the mainrotor) is used.
                              Hey, Donny! We got us a German who wants to die for his country... Oblige him. - Lt. Aldo Raine

Comment

Working...
                              X