Need sound drivers for a Compaq Evo N160

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need sound drivers for a Compaq Evo N160

I just reinstalled windows 2000 on a Compaq Evo N160 laptop (company machine), and I am unable to find the sound drivers anywhere. Either it wasn't delivered with a driver CD or somebody managed to loose it

I checked the HP website and found nothing (only graphics and LAN). I called HP support and they directed me to the same site, and when the guy realised there were no drivers there, he suggested I try google What fantastic support!

Does anyone here happen to have one of these things AND the dirvers, or know where I would be able to find them?
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

The quickspecs for the audio are similar between the n160 and the n180. They are both SoundMax audio chipsets.

Try the driver for the n180: link

Note that the softpaq might not install cleanly because it's not the right model Evo but worst case you should be able to extract the driver and install it manually.

Good luck.
    P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Thanks.. I'll give it a shot
      If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

So did it work?
        P.S. You've been Spanked!

Comment

Working...
        X