Thx 1138...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thx 1138...

Or as I like to call it, Revenge of the George Lucas Special Edition Remake of an Old Classic Film that will more than like turn it into a mockery of the original.

Anywho, Mr. "I am the Jedi Master" Lucas has announced that he is releasing the Director's Cut of THX 1138, Lucas' first Hollywood film. The film stars a very young Robert Duvall and is heavily influenced by sci-fi classics like Brave New World and 1984. It will first hit theaters in a limited release, followed by a DVD.

Lucas is "enhancing" the film with CG. The only aspects he is touched is the backgrounds, i.e. adding massive cityscapes and factories. Besides the standard Lucas audio/video remaster and digitalization the movie is supposedly untouched beyond the afore mentioned.

Press release:

Get the latest on Star Wars Celebration, discover amazing fan stories, find a galaxy of crafts, recipes, and quizzes, and much more!

Official Website:

How to find the Quicktime trailer on the web site:

1) After the page loads, look for TRL 0521 to show up on the bottom right and click it before it vanishes.

2) Click on the green pill bottle in the top left of the medicine cabinet.

3) Click on Preview 1 >Active

4) A new window will pop up (pop-up blockers beware). Select your size and watch.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Greedy he is, the bad director. Not a good movie he has released.

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Interesting.
      It's a good movie.
      The remake could go either way.
      Chuck
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

I'm just waiting to see what he does with American Graffiti. I can see him grabbing that and putting all sorts of CGI giant spiders and lizards and maybe the Blob in there. They had those back in the 50's, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by KvHagedorn
          I'm just waiting to see what he does with American Graffiti. I can see him grabbing that and putting all sorts of CGI giant spiders and lizards and maybe the Blob in there. They had those back in the 50's, you know.

chuck
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
          X