Troy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troy

Saw it yesterday. It was not bad. It was really bad.

It is not a good idea to make a movie about an epic, legendary battle and then take everything epic and legendary out of it.

Eric Bana was good, Sean Bean as well, Orlando Bloom was what he always is, Brad Pitt was okay. Peter O'Toole was rather embarassing I think, looking like someone who got instructions by the director along the lines of: "now do your I-am-shocked-face".

Even the battle scenes were bad.

Sad.

I could have done that much better

Very disappointed...

They forgot to develop all of the other characters besides Achilles. I only knew what role the other people had because I know the legend and story. And even then I was asking myself during th movie... why is that person important?

Comment

"People are stupid. Put Brad Pitt in it, throw some money at costumes, and people will pay their $8 to see it. Doesn't matter if we don't have a decent script or the directing sucks."

Comment

Uh, did you just imply that Topha is stupid???
        RC Agent
        AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
        AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
        AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

LOL I was quoting the attitude of scumbag movie executives, if it must be made clear.

Comment

yeah, I saw the quotes, just wasn't sure where it was coming from. My bad.
            RC Agent
            AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
            AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
            AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

I found it kinda funny that Peter O'Toole looks the same as when he played in Caligula, 25 years ago

The mass battle scenes did most definitely suck and a lot of the characters were quite silly, but nevertheless I'd say they did get it right on some levels: Helen is obviously the most beautiful woman in antiquity compared to those stereotypically chunky Greek women, the battle between Achilles and Hector is pretty well done and the scene with the whole fleet also looked good.
              All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Agent
                Uh, did you just imply that Topha is stupid???
                Nope, I only paid 5,50 €, because I remembered to bring my students ID card this time

Comment

I always forgot mine. I also always forget my Cinemaxx Card, or I would've gotten at least 3 movies and 2 popcorns gratis.

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

hah! I paid 2,50€... and am forced to watch the "blockbusters of the summer".. catwoman, harry potter & co.

anyway, they shortened the whole story by about 9 years and 350 days. amazing how much useless stuff "homer" "wrote".

mfg
                    wulfman
                    "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                    "Lobsters?"
                    "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                    "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

Originally posted by Wulfman
                      amazing how much useless stuff "homer" "wrote".
                      I thought the Iliad to be much more entertaining. Everything the changed in the movie was either a useless change or a change to make things worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Topha
                        I thought the Iliad to be much more entertaining. Everything the changed in the movie was either a useless change or a change to make things worse.
                        maybe they should have given the job peter jackson... he is already used to people shouting "it was different in the books!".

mfg
                        wulfman
                        "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
                        "Lobsters?"
                        "Really? I didn't know they did that."
                        "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

They are talking English, not Latin.
                          I couldn’t find any subtitle files on the internet, so it’s not worth to download the whole d**n thing.
                          Does someone remember “Ulysses”, with Kirk Douglas? It was the same story, but much better. They were, at least talking the artist own language.
                          Do not misunderstand me. I like English (my English is not the best one, however), but why force Brad Pitt to speak English-English? What’s the point?

Fred
                          It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
                          ------------------------------------------------

Comment

i loved reading the works of homer and virgil.... i love these epicies... and i hate what they've done to it in the film... origonal history/epic/myth aside it wasnt that bad of a film IMO... but i't did not satisfy me...
                            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Originally posted by Fred H
                              They are talking English, not Latin.
                              I couldn’t find any subtitle files on the internet, so it’s not worth to download the whole d**n thing.
                              Does someone remember “Ulysses”, with Kirk Douglas? It was the same story, but much better. They were, at least talking the artist own language.
                              Do not misunderstand me. I like English (my English is not the best one, however), but why force Brad Pitt to speak English-English? What’s the point?

Fred
                              why would Greeks and Trojans need to speak Latin?

Comment

Working...
                              X