Time-out for editing posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time-out for editing posts

Can we extend the time-out value for editing posts? Its way too short now before it will show the "edited" message.

BTW ... It would be nice if we could upgrade vBB on this site. This version and/or configuration is getting quite long in the tooth. vBB is much more powerful than what is being utilized here.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

I will look into the time to edit.

As for a vBB upgrade, yes I am aware vBB3 is out, however, it is still going through point revisions, and as there are a substantial amount of hacks, including our front page that need to be migrated as well as our skin.
    I am not going to be changing until it settles down.
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I usually just hit Preview Reply every so often to renew the time and keep it alive.
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro
        I usually just hit Preview Reply every so often to renew the time and keep it alive.
        Where exactly is that option.
        I only see Save Changes and Reset Message, when I edit, after the post has been made.

Comment

Originally posted by SitFlyer
          Where exactly is that option.
          I only see Save Changes and Reset Message, when I edit, after the post has been made.
          After a post is made?? Oops, my bad, I didn't see the edit part in the original post. So in fact there is no option. I'm an idiot.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

another site I'm a member of is pulling their hair out with the issues in vB 3.. waiting is a good thing
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

It looks like the time-out got bumped up. What is the current setting?
              <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

I must have been mistaken about the increased time-out value on editing posts or the site has regressed to its former setting. Can we get this value increased please.

Comment

Now you want it increased?

I for one am fine with the way it is now. I'm sure it could be improved somehow, but I also think Sasq has many much more important things to do at the moment (including taking some quality time for himself).

AZ
                  There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I don't see why this is such an issue

Comment

Exactly

AZ

PS: pwc++;
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                      X