Warning about needles in public places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning about needles in public places

I don't know if this is genuine, but it came to me from a reputable source and is probably sound advice anyway:

A few weeks ago, in a movie theatre in Melbourne, a person sat on something

that was poking out of one of the seats. When she got up to see what it was she

found a needle sticking out of the seat with a note attached saying &quote;"You

have just been infected by HIV"&quote;.

The Disease control Centre in Melbourne reports many similar incidents have

occurred in many other Australian cities recently. All tested needles are HIV Positive.

The Centre also reports that needles have been found in the cash dispensers in

ATMs.

We ask everyone to use extreme caution when faced with this kind of situation.

All public chairs/seats should be inspected with vigilance and caution before use.

17 people have been tested positive in the Western suburbs alone in the last 2

months!!! A careful visual inspection should be enough.

In addition, they ask that each of you pass this message along to all members of

your family and your friends, alerting them of the potential danger.

We all have to be careful at public places!

This is very important!!!!.

Just think about saving a life of someone you know, even of someone you don't know

by forwarding this message.

Please, take a few seconds of your time to pass it along.

Australian Red Cross Blood Service

Ph: (08) 94212877

Fax: (08) 94212366
    FT.

I have heard of things like this in the USA. When I was working at a movie theater, we had at least one complaint about similar (although, i have to say that it was probably a fake - no damages done and people trying to ask for free stuff).
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Nope old urban legend stuff.

While it is possible, last count no reported incidents. Should be noted that the HIV virus can only survive outside the human body for very short periods of time.

Hep on the other hand...
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I've heard this one in other forms, not all involving HIV or even needles.
        Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Urban Legend
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Decades-old rumor holds that madmen are jabbing unsuspecting moviegoers with HIV-infected needles.
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

my garbage man had some issues a couple years ago with one place a few blocks down the road... seems the man would toss out his HIV infected needles into the trash... when they refused to pick it up he complained to Waste Management... who followed up with the state becoming involved forcing the man to dispose of properly with the threat of legal action /fat fines if he didn't comply with the law.

Two years ago a mess of needles were found in a local pond down in Sarasota where children played... about a week or so later they busted a nurse who was disposing of them for the medical office she worked at.
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                my garbage man had some issues a couple years ago with one place a few blocks down the road... seems the man would toss out his HIV infected needles into the trash... when they refused to pick it up he complained to Waste Management... who followed up with the state becoming involved forcing the man to dispose of properly with the threat of legal action /fat fines if he didn't comply with the law.

Two years ago a mess of needles were found in a local pond down in Sarasota where children played... about a week or so later they busted a nurse who was disposing of them for the medical office she worked at.
                WTF!?! Stupid s$*t like his and Zoke's story in the tech support thread anger me.
                Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by TnT
                  WTF!?! Stupid s$*t like his and Zoke's story in the tech support thread anger me.
                  What are you talking about?
                  -We stop learning when We die, and some
                  people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
                  Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
                  - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
                  - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

he's talking about my post (#7)

Comment

That and in another thread Zoke's told a tech support story of how a guy was pissed off that his PDA, or something, didn't work and nothing could be done that day. The reason why nothing could be done that day was that it was 9/11 but the guy just didn't care.
                      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
                      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
                      X