Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting thread

Why Nvidia is losing the graphics throne

In the meeting, Nvidia guys gave the usual corporate schmoozing tactics to my idiot boss. Later, I dumped the benchmark on them and showed them a PC in the room that I've gotten a Matrox G450 dual head that cost less than $100 and outperforms their Quadro card in 2D.

The sales guys were surprised and have no idea how that can happen. One sales guy dissed me and said there's no way that a 5 year old card can beat their latest card. But then, later their tech guy quietly admitted and said that the Quadro cards doesn't have a 2D core built in and it is completely emulating 2D in their GPUs.

lol?
    ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

I got 31579 on my caffeine mark that you posted over there Utwig.
      Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Parhelia/XP1800+

Total (I think, the big bold one over the logo): 33547

Sieve: 19175
        Loop: 108998
        Logic: 610683
        String: 93158
        Float: 96657
        Method: 29269
        Graphics: 11798
        Image: 5100
        Dialog: 2659

Comment

Well, it all starts with an inadequate education that produces wintel fanboys isntead of real IT Professionals (and conscious customers). The real question here is why spend thousand of dollars in a proprietary and totally insecure OS instead of e.g.Linux, especially when you favour Java over .Not and VB.

Regarding hardware, sometimes you have to take the decision of going with the more hyped product just because alternatives do not show up or difficult to repair anymore. There are still many shops and organizations in my country that have PentiumIV PeeCees, Radeon gfx cards and TFT monitors (!!!) running their DOS (!!!)applications.

Comment

Working...
          X