Interesting Dual Display

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Dual Display

Here's an interesting new product. Its a dual 15" LCD 1024x768 4x3 display mated together to deliver a dual window 2048x768 screen. Available now for $739 with free shipping.
    <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

ooh, goody. free shipping.
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I just saw one like that at CompUSA.
      2.4 GHz P4 :: 1024 MB RAM
      533 MHz FSB :: 233 MHz DDR
      64 MB Radeon Mobility
      w/128 MB Video Buffer
      40 GB HD & 120 GB External HD
      DVD/CDRW :: JBL Creature 2 Speakers

Comment

I'm gonna wait until they make an LCD panel that is a seamless section of a sphere 6 ft wide by 2 ft tall with infinite resolutions which all look as good as its "native" res, and color purity and blacks which are as good as the best CRTs.

Oh, and for under $2000.

Comment

They use sh*tty glass on that double display unit.

Comment

Would be really nice and much more revolutionary without that thing in the middle

Comment

it uses analogue signal input too

Comment

And only 15" panels...

AZ
                There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

BTW, you need the "Micromedia Flash plug-in" to read their site

AZ

Comment

From the specs:

Video connections: "Two 15-pin D-sub type".

So, big deal, it's a couple of screens put together in one case instead of two. You won't be able to use it without a DH card...

At this point, I'd rather get 3 Sony 15" with the triple foot

Comment

Or get Three types of ANY screen with a VESA mount and buy a TH VESA stand, or make one yourself and save a few hundred Euros.

AZ

Comment

Originally posted by az
                        Or get Three types of ANY screen with a VESA mount and buy a TH VESA stand, or make one yourself and save a few hundred Euros.

AZ
                        Do they actually make TH VESA arms? Do you have a link (will search myself when I get a chance)? I like that approach.
                        <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

www.ergotron.com is one popular manufacturer of monitor stands that also offers multi-moitor mounts.

www.vogels.com is also a maker of monitor stands, but I don't know if they make any triplehead ones.

Generally though, VESA stands are expensive, and the multihead units even more so. If you don't need any fancy compression spring operated adjustments etc, making one yourself is not exactly rocket science and can save you a LOT of money (to buy better or more screens, or a P8X, or whatever )

AZ

Comment

I never liked the ergotron stuff... its kind of ugly and a serious pain in the ass to assemble or route cables. Plus their stuff is very expensive.

Comment

Originally posted by az

AZ
                              See, I get it for FREE

Comment

Working...
                              X