PearPC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PearPC

Anyone tried PearPC with the parhelia 128???

Nope, but have with an Orange and GrapefruitPC

Have heard the Mango and LimePC are better tho
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

I think a PearPC is an Apple that's just been sitting on its ass for years getting flabby.

Comment

worse. it, from what i understand, does not implement the FPU properly so it is incredably slow.

5 hours for the first CD of OS X.
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I got it to work on my office PC (P4 2400@2700), it took about 90 minutes to install, it helps if u deselect useless crap like the BSD subsystem and set the task to High priority. And I wouldn't say that it's extremely slow in use, Panther feels faster than on my G3@266MHz, that's for sure They've gotta get the network (it works only on Linux so far) and the sound working for it, but for such a young project I'd say they've done a damn good job.

edit: oh, and AmigaBlitter, it doesn't really matter what vidcard u use for it, it has a generic driver...for the record, though, the Parhelia works fine@1024 w/32
            Last edited by lecter; 19 May 2004, 20:27.
            All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

Comment

Once they get the network and such working I can then run Apple Remote Desktop from home. Combine that with SSH and I can get all my work hours in at home
              Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
              Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Working...
              X