Dumb user of the week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb user of the week

Wait for it, wait for it they never heard of a mains lead.

These people are in charge of electronic medical equipment and they never heard of a mains lead. Please God never let me go in hospital.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

hmm, well it appears that Paddy thinks hospitals are ok!

Comment

Okay I know it's sterotyping but a lot are plain thick.

The star ones are the ones that keep resetting their password and forget it striaght away within a minute.

User registration once had a ten minute call with a nurse who couldn't understand the differance between a zero and the letter o.

I can remember networking a pc that was also attached too some special equipment. It was clear that the nurses that were using it didn't really have a clue how to use it. I took their word that it was working.

A friend of mine who was in Hospital who's wife is an intelligent nurse. Caught another nurse making up his medicine and giving her husband what she felt like.

One came into the computer centre and one of my collegues decide ask her basic exams questions. She didn't know a single answer. She'd done the exam six months earlier. She did know the day of the week though just.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Ask most Americans what a mains lead is and they would have no idea. No, this isn't just another excuse to call Americans stupid. We just call it a power cord here.. or maybe an electrical cord. Never a "mains lead". The only reason I know what you are talking about now is that I spent about 30 seconds being flummoxed reading an article at Dan's Data about a case mod using a mains fan.

Comment

I'm glad someone finally told me. I was waiting for that...

Comment

I only know what a mains lead is because used to read BOFH somewhat regularly, and he's a brit too.
            Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Only electricians typically know what "mains" is... and some of them don't even know that much

Definition of Electrician:

Person who installs/services electrical power, owns a screwdriver and wire cutters.

Job applicant:
              Experience not neccessary, tho habitual licking of 9v batteries is prefered.
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                Only electricians typically know what "mains" is... and some of them don't even know that much

Definition of Electrician:

Person who installs/services electrical power, owns a screwdriver and wire cutters.

Job applicant:
                Experience not neccessary, tho habitual licking of 9v batteries is prefered.
                And a screw for a fuse cos it keeps blowing.
                Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                X