No WYSIWYG on P750?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No WYSIWYG on P750?

Oh guys tell me it ain't so! I drool over the WYSIWYG Premiere Pro and After Effects plug-ins, go for the P750, as I don't need gaming, and now I find out the plug-ins only work on the full Parhellia. WTF! What is the point of this card then?
    I thought the P750 was being marketed to NLE users?
    All three P cards have monitor + TV-out so whats the hold-up?
    I had gone over the Matrox site many times, yet it was never obvious to me that these options would not be available for the P750. The 1.06 driver is for Premiere Pro compatability for P650,P750 and Parhellia, so what is that then?
    Ken
    Last edited by funky-d-munky; 14 May 2004, 22:30.
    Oh my god MAGNUM!

Seems I am not the only one. The Matrox support forums have a number of the same complaint.
    Why does Matrox always have to decieve and p-off its custommers?

"Since the Premiere TV output was THE reason I purchased this card, your news is disappointing.

On your website you say about the P750:
    Digital Video Editing
    "Dual hardware video overlays with independent gamma correction and proc-amp controls and unique Matrox features such Dual-display plus TV output and TripleHead support make the Millennium P-Series the ideal graphics solution for Software non-linear editing (NLE) and for HW NLE workstations."

The above statement about TV output for NLE (together with the pictures that show it implemented on the P750 box) is -- needless to say -- misleading.

I am disappointed that this TV output feature is "hobbled" for the P750. I was under the mistaken impression that the big difference between the Parhelia and 750 was 3D implementation. For a card that targets a 2D market (NLE editing) I would expect full implementation of available 2D features since the hardware fully supports it. "

and

"The missing TV-Overlay and missing WYSIWYG-PlugIn on p750 - what is the reason for that?

I cant believe, that there's a technical reason. I bought my p750 3 month ago and uses Premiere 6.5 without problems, but the missing TV-Output support
    on Premiere PRO is a big problem!
    For that, the p750 is TOO expensive. On my old system i was using a ATI Radeon 7000 with DualHead, which costs only 40 EURO!!!
    And i bought the p750 to use the TV-Out Feature ....

Is there a roadmap or plan to bring that TVOut plugin on p750?"

and

" purchased a P750, and had the same problem with Premiere Pro. Matrox will not do anything -- they categorically refuse to exchange my P750 for a Parhelia.

I too feel that the advertising is misleading, and will be launching a complaint via the Québec Consumer Protection Act.

I would appreciate it if KIROV, GANDO, and any others in the same situation would contact me privately at matroxP750@conceptron.com -- the more people we have on board, the more clout this complaint may wield. "
    Last edited by funky-d-munky; 15 May 2004, 14:37.
    Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

Well after numerous emails with customer support I finally recieved a final answer as to what Matrox is willing to do after I pointed out thier misleading web pages that lead to my purchase.

"Hi Ken,

They made their web pages abit more clearer but that's about all that will happen.

Mike"

Nice. Real nice
      I am glad less people will get ripped off in the future. So much for customer satisfaction. It is apparent why Matrox has gone from an industry leader to an also ran. I will learn to take brand loyalty out of the equation on my next card purchase, and plan to inform as many hardware review sites as possible as to what Matrox has done. I am glad I saved the old web pages as I had a feeling they would pull the rat move instead of offering me some sort of upgrade option, or heck, an apology even.

Ken
      Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

Just got a bulk e-mail from matrox two days ago. It is a link to a page of theirs called:
        "Top 10 reasons to buy Matrox graphics cards for digital video workstations Matrox Parheliaâ„¢, Millennium P750 and Millennium P650"

#5, 6, 7 are there even though it has been brought to their attention by many unhappy customers that those are the reasons we bought the card, and are very unhappy it does not support these features in full.
        It is blatant misleading advertising.
        Ken
        Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

I'm looking to put a new card in a new machine and don't want the expense of the Parhelia what alternatives would there be for you and I?
          smitty

Comment

Have you thought of the possibility that the problem may lie with Premiere Pro? I know of satisfied users of the P750 using other NLE suites.
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Premiere Pro does not use Overlay any longer, making it generally impossible to support realtime TV output of the window.

Due to overwhelming customer requests, Matrox wrote a custom plugin for Premiere Pro that went around the limitations present in Premiere Pro. This plugin cost matrox $$$, so they made it supported only on their top cards. I don't see how that is a problem.
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

The problem is they keep advertising WSIWYG plugins for Premiere Pro and After Effects when they are not supported by any card but Parhelia. If you click on my last link you can see they make NO effort to make this clear.
                Ken
                Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

I use AspectHD for editing HDV and they have support for RT TV-out when using the P750 with Premiere Pro. This illustrates that it can be done (and is) and that Matrox is just not enabling it on the P series so that they can upsell you on the Parhelia. And if you buy a P series because you believe their misguided advertising, well all the better for them.
                  Ken
                  Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

Does this driver provide the preview?

1.07.00.089vdws is intended for Premiere Pro 1.5 where it has support for its preview output. You can get it from
                    http://www.matrox.com/mga/support/dr...00089_vdws.cfm

Jörg
                    pixar
                    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

I can't find any solid info on what this driver provides and for what cards. Matrox made it clear to me that they would NOT be creating P series drivers enabling WYSIWYG in the future. I don't think the future has arrived in 2 weeks!
                      Ken
                      Oh my god MAGNUM!

Comment

Working...
                      X