Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Link for videos of CDs shattering at high RPMs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Link for videos of CDs shattering at high RPMs?

Hey guys, I tried searching, but can't seem to find that video of the guy in a dorm room spinning CDs on a Dremel tool and letting 'em fly.

Anyone have the link?

Gracias,
    Thien
    Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
    Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Found because I remembered one of the other pages on his site was a microwave oven gun, which is what I googled for.

Comment

Yep that's it!
      Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra 9, Opteron 170 Denmark 2x2Ghz, 2 GB Corsair XMS, Gigabyte 6600, Gentoo Linux
      Motion Computing M1400 -- Tablet PC, Ubuntu Linux

"if I said you had a beautiful body would you take your pants off and dance around a bit?" --Zapp Brannigan

Comment

That is just great, I was laughing my ass off. Good stuff.
        2.4 GHz P4 :: 1024 MB RAM
        533 MHz FSB :: 233 MHz DDR
        64 MB Radeon Mobility
        w/128 MB Video Buffer
        40 GB HD & 120 GB External HD
        DVD/CDRW :: JBL Creature 2 Speakers

Comment

Hmmm gots me thinking... just what would my Mega Brushless AC Synchronous motor would do to a CD running at upwards of 50krpm...

and the best part is I can do all this remotely away at a safe distance (~1 mile ie 1.6km
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

I love exploding, burning, frying and other cd torture.

Reminds of when I did tech support for Dell back last year, we got many calls about customers cd's exploding in their drives. Even had it happen a bunch of times with our workstations. Gotta love cd exploding drives too.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Working...
            X