Taskbar Info gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taskbar Info gone

My taskbar (WinXP) does not show me those little program symbols right next to the clock.

I do not have the option enabled that hides the inactive symbols.

Its a real bother, because I dont know whether im connected to the internet, or wheter my AV program, firewall etc. are active.

Anyone know how that happens and what to do against it?

I've seen it happen when explorer crashes.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I know, but I cant see them at all, not even right after restarting windows

Comment

You can try this, http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs..._pastitems.vbs

Download and run it, then either kill explorer and restart it, or just reboot.

Or try this, http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/taskbarplus!.htm
        Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 13 May 2004, 12:56.

Comment

Just reinstalled windows

Was time to do that anyway

Comment

I'll second what Wombat said
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
              I'll second what Wombat said
              I know that happens and ive seen it happen. what was bothering me was that windows wouldnt even display the items after several restarts, and that I could not check the option to hide non used items in the taskbar settings.

Comment

Working...
              X