REALLY bad weather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REALLY bad weather

For those who know their severe storm stuff, here's a couple animated GIF's I slapped together from Weather Underground. Both cycle up through elevations, 0.50, 1.45, 2.40, 3.35. The first clearly show two bounded weak echo regions, which is where the updrafts are sucking dry surface air up into the storm, and also faintly the spiral bands of precipitation that surround the rotating cores.

The second is storm relative velocity.

Next is the vertical integrated liquid, it shows the estimated mass of the liquid water in the air column in kilograms per square meter.

And finally the echo top map, shows the highest altitude reflection the radar is seeing.

Last edited by Jon P. Inghram; 12 May 2004, 20:16.

If you go a cm up from the NE I-35 sign, that's where I am.

BRING IT!!! I'm not afraid of little thunderstorm!

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
      If you go a cm up from the NE I-35 sign, that's where I am.

BRING IT!!! I'm not afraid of little thunderstorm!

Jammrock
      When the tornado knocks on your door let it know you're not afraid of it. I'm maybe half a cm or so east of the dot that marks Wichita in the close ups, depending on your screen size and resolution.

Comment

bleh, we just got 1ft of snow. middle of may. snow. wtf.
        Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
        Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

I'd consider it abnormal if we didn't get at least one storm like this around this time of year.

Comment

I'd rather live in a place where the ground shakes once every couple years then where the sky picks up homes and moves them 5+ times a year.

Jeff
            -We stop learning when We die, and some
            people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
            Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
            - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
            - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

I'd rather live in a place where we don't have this crap

Here I could at least pretend building a house for the generations to come...

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

That looks like some fugly weather there, Jon. I guess we got off easy with just snow, probably half as much as Mehen got in Winterpeg.

... and we just got the igloo of the swimming pool
                :cheers:
                Alcohol and Drugs make life tolerable.

Comment

Originally posted by |Mehen|
                  bleh, we just got 1ft of snow. middle of may. snow. wtf.
                  Damn, and here one province to the right we hit 29C (84F) today. Humidex well over 30C. Felt almost like August weather. Sheesh.
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Gotta love the european wheather!

Although keep in mind I don't live in an area where floods are possible.

Comment

Originally posted by agallag
                      Damn, and here one province to the right we hit 29C (84F) today. Humidex well over 30C. Felt almost like August weather. Sheesh.
                      And here 1,000 miles south west of you it's 45F (7C) with a windchill of 34F (1C)
                      Chuck
                      Chuck
                      秋音的爸爸

Comment

Working...
                      X