opera 7.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• opera 7.5

Opera 7.5 has now been released for download.

dshumake

Us Mozilla and Firefox fans will now be forced to set Az on you.
    Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

And I actually LIKE the default skin

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

And this children is why you should never ask Az for home decorating tips
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Opera is bizarre, at first whenI installe dit it installed javav 2 v1.4.2_02 cause 01 was already there, but when I uninstalled 01 then ran the setup again it installed 01, so I got rid of both and re-installed, this time it chose 01, so why did it install 02 the first time???
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Sasq, have you even tried 7.5? The 7-7.23 default skin was horrible. I'll post some pics of my new home once we're finished renovating

Zokes: Huh?

AZ

Comment

I'm rather happy with Opera 7.50 as well...
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Works good so far, and I got to say I like the new look better.

Comment

I have asked this before but just wanna check with the latest version, plus it bumps the Opera thread a little.

Az in Internet explorer when completing forms you can either double-click on the form field or press the down arrow and it will show all (not just current session) previous input for that field.

[TROLL ALERT]

IE OWNZ OPERA

[/TROLL ALERT]

Edit: I know I could try but I am really, really, really lazy, and at work.

Comment

It was a deliberate design decision to not have it that way. Instead, the drop-downs contain whatever you entered in the "personal information" fields, and you can insert every "note" - this way, you can have everything you need often in the dropdowns, without them getting too cluttered.

Personal Information
                    Notes
                    Dropdown

And of course, The Wand, a password manager (just hit ctrl+enter, and you log in automatically).

AZ

Comment

Simply put az.
                      The user base I code for 95% use IE, the rest use Moz.

None of my user base uses Opera, I have no desire to use software and devote time to tweaking it, that I can't use in my every day work.
                      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

I do kinda understand that. Still, I believe Opera users are more techy than IE users, and are more likely to pay for stuff/buy stuff than Moz users.

But I think if you just don't optimize for any browser, all should be fine. Almost all IE optimized pages run in Opera now, and virtually all Moz pages do.

Still, I don't want to impose my choice of browser upon anybody, I just find Opera to suit me by far the best, but that might just be force of habit. IE just lacks features and security while Moz feels slow and its user interface seems just not as far thought-out as Opera's (the small things do it for me )

But why do you mean you can't use Opera in your every day work? It has lots of features that are especially nice for web designers/developers. Or do you just mean you won't use it since optimizing against it is not wirth the time and effort? (Which I can kinda understand, but then again if you just stick to the standards or don't stray too far from them, Opera should not have any problems with your site anyway. Unless you try to force any changes on my UI (not-resizeable windows, no right clicks and other dirty tricks just won't work)).

AZ

Comment

Although I quite like the look it has to be a no from me due to the management side of my site, all database/form driven. Adding new images, animations etc is very quick relying on previous entries, shame really.

Other then "this.style.cursor='hand'" I don't believe that there is anything that doesn't work in the other browsers on my site. I was going to put in a test and put 'pointer' for the non IE based viewers but decided it wasn't worth the effort based on the below.

Not sure is these are totally correct but my latest stats show that based on 4,000,000 hits only 73,000 are Opera.

Comment

Originally posted by dbdg
                            Not sure is these are totally correct but my latest stats show that based on 4,000,000 hits only 73,000 are Opera.
                            Maybe thats because the standard setting is for Opera to indentify as IE6. I always set it to opera

Comment

So the actual figures may be higher,
                              ok then 86,000 in 4,000,000.

Comment

Working...
                              X