Macrovision Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Macrovision Help

My Matrox Marvel G400 card has decided to see macrovision??? on a Music VHS tape that I recorded myself a year ago or so....This is driving me mad ..I did not know what the problem was initially ..I only want to capture one song ie 3 minutes ...........

What do I do ...I have just installed Video Tools V 1.5.4 and as I understand I have to install the V 1.5.4 Crack ........I have copied it into my Windows System Folder ....Is this wrong as there is no difference ..

Any help much appreciate ..My system is Windows 98SE..Asus Av7 MB with 900mhz AMD Tbird CPU and 256 Ram..

Thanks Ron NZ.

Have you tried to use a search button here?

Comment

The Macrovision detection takes place within RRAPI.DLL which, if I recall correctly, resides in C:\Windows\System on Win98, and C:\Windows\System32 in NT and XP.

The cracks I have seen are EXE files -- they will open RRAPI.DLL make some changes, then close it. If you have downloaded this type of patch you need to execute the EXE file.

If you downloaded a pre-cracked RRAPI.DLL file you should be able to copy the new file over the existing one in the above mentioned folders. It might be necessary to reboot the system after copying the file.

Comment

Alternatively, a time base corrector between the VHS player and Marvel will do the trick.

Macrovision works by making the synch pulses hairy. If they become hairy for other reasons, such as an old tape, then Marvel will see it as if it were protected.

You may be able to get round it either by switching off auto tracking and carefully adjusting the tracking manually to get the best synch pulses, or by trying a different VHS player (they are not all created equal and some are more equal than others).

Brian
        Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

murihikukid,

I'll see how big is the patched file I have, and if it can be attached I shall attach it tomorow. It will allow you to capture from substandard recordings.

I normally use a video mixer that will replace the sync. pulse but in most cases the DLL file will do.

Make sure that you keep a copy of the original RRAPI.DLL for an eventual reinstallation.

Debbie

PS.

First try here:

Last edited by Debbie; 12 May 2004, 06:32.
          We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Working...
          X