New search engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New search engine

Get free affordable life insurance quotes online and see how an affordable term life insurance policy protects you and your loved ones.

based on opens source solutions.

Since google is floating and is just starting to get a little suspect (paid placements), this could be a nice oportuntiy to try an open search engine.

Slightly on topic:
    I found this search-engine:
    at yippy: The Business Search Engine and platform. Your gateway to a wealthier, informed life.

Results are clustered, sometimes with quite good results.

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Comment

Vivisimo clusters Google results, so it doesn't provide the same benefit that the open source one does.

Comment

I like any engine that lists my Page in the top three when I search for "3D Gallery".

Comment

No offense, but this Mozdex sux big time. I've searched key word sequence "frame buffer matrox Linux" and it gave me 18 results compared with Google's 11,500. Even Vivisimo had score better with 150 much punctual results.

So yet again... nice try. Sorry.

Comment

That's because it is newer. It will get better as it ages from a larger number of submitted links as is the case with any newer search engine.

Comment

Originally posted by High_Jumbllama
              That's because it is newer. It will get better as it ages from a larger number of submitted links as is the case with any newer search engine.
              Yes and no. Mozdex's own FAQ says that they're hoping to get up to 100,000,000 pages, and they're going at the rate of 8,000,000/day.

Google, on the other hand, currently has an index of 4,285,199,774 pages, 42 times larger than Mozdex even desires to grow to.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by magician
                No offense, but this Mozdex sux big time. I've searched key word sequence "frame buffer matrox Linux" and it gave me 18 results compared with Google's 11,500. Even Vivisimo had score better with 150 much punctual results.

So yet again... nice try. Sorry.
                More results does not mean more relevant results. Try searching for google for info on, say, a specific cell phone. 95 out of the top 100 links will be pages trying to sell you the phone.
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Google is still by far the best

Comment

For now. Lately people have gotten really good at fooling PageRank. It's becoming less useful all the time.

Comment

Exactly. In germany, it's useless to use google to search for ANYTHING that can be bought, because almost all top links are ebay redirectors.

AZ
                      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
                      X