Tech explanation wanted please.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tech explanation wanted please.....

Running up to date NIS2003 on a XP+SP1 machine here.

Been bothering me for a long time but just experienced this again:

Posted here on Murc and attached a jpg picture - all goes well, but I do notice the following:

On the little animated computer icon on my taskbar that normally indicates both traffic into and out of my machine, there is absolutely no indication of comms happening, yet my pic gets uploaded - huh?

Me being dumb or am I being fooled into believing that NIS is actually monitoring all that is going out of my machine .......

What do I need to do to actually see ALL comms happening?

Any insight much appreciated.
    Lawrence

Nah

Bottom right I have a little animated icon consisting of 2 computers - screens normally black with nothing going on via my ADSL link..........

Any comms happening on the machine normally shows a green screen animated on the computer side for data leaving my box - the same for data coming into my box - the "other" little computer screen turns green - normally both green when serious handshaking etc involved with file transfers or browsing normally - just not with MURC picture uploads (icon gets displayed because of selection in "network connections" in "control panel" that says - show icon when connected.
    Lawrence

Comment

Working...
    X