Lost Contacts or Chicken soup for the soul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Contacts or Chicken soup for the soul

I've only recently been able to make OS phone calls cheaply, and I lost contact with a lot of my Oz side friends who weren't on the net when I left.

Made a few phone calls tonight, one of my oldest friends, sweet girl - sorta like an adopted sister - well lost contact with her, called her tonight.

Got married six weeks ago, freaked me right out.

another mate who was a bit of a wild child, spoke with her parents tonight, she was out with her fiance' - getting married in Jan...

blew me away completly...

both of these friends were hitting some really rough patches when i left oz, it's nice to know things have turned out well for them.

not sure the point of this thread, but what happy news have you heard from old friends you've lost contact with? things that make you go 'Wow' and smile.

We have so many bad news threads, lets hear some feel good things - just for a change
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

I've neglected one too many bridges over the years it they kind of been burnt down.
    A while ago I got curious and thought I'd try to track down the very few who interested me, but I didn't fine much so I've decided to let go. Besides, I have too many current neglected connections that I ought to better maintain.
    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Sasq

Is there cause and effect between these gals having bad patches just when you left Oz and neglected them, you SMM?
      Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Sasq

Over the last six months or so I have been renewing some of my own friendships - for example found at that the entire crowd of people I hung around with at school seems to have ended up living in about a mile radius of where I am now... spooky but v. cool as it has been exactly the period when I needed lots of friends around. And none of have changed at all

Second one, more amusing.... saw an ex-girlfriend from years ago a couple of months ago for a drink. First time we'd seen each other in quite a few years. Had a really nice time nattering away and got very drunk... anyway, I sent her a text a couple of weeks ago asking her if she fancied meeting up again - so as not to lose touch so completely as before. Heard nothing back, which was odd. Finally got a text message on Thursday saying (a) that she's just accepted a job in Singapore (she's a patent attourney) and (b) we had better not meet up because "the boyfriend is not too delighted by that prospect" (!). Shame as we do get on v. well - and I had no intentions of trying anything on anyway. Oh well.

Saw the more recent ex yesterday at a wedding. First time I've seen her since Febuary (didn't feel I could). Let's just say I've got a great big hangover this morning. Drinking lots seemed to be the most sensible coping mechanism

Sorry... been wibbling... oh well...
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Well I got some good news and bad news.
          When I was in grade 8 (12 yrs old) I tutored some grade 5 kids and setup up some type of school house league at lunch for them to play lunch time sports.
          Anyways, on Monday saw this guy at the work lunch room and we both made the " I know you.. look, but I don't remember " Well we figured it out and he was one the kids I turtored. He's married with 2 girls just like me.
          Then this Sat. I had to drive my oldest girl (5yrs) to her school friend's birthday party. And I meet one of the mother's from that grade 5 class. She was the younger sister of a class mate of mine that I had a huge crush on. We went out for coffee, while our kids were at the birthday party and we talked up a storm. She then drops the big news that her sister passed away from leukemia (sp) about 9yrs ago. She got married to a nice guy, but they didn't have any kids. Then she also tells me that her sister liked me too. Well we talked for about 2 hours, about kids life and everything with the promise of getting our kids together again with our better halves.
          It was kind of weird getting all this info from two separate people from that far back in life all in one week. I'm still a little bummed out about Brenda, but it was nice to hear that she liked me too and that she did have a good life up until she passed away. It's a weird feeling, to know that she liked me and that she's passed away at the same time.
          Anyways for you perv's out there the sister still looked good about an 7.5/10. A little weight on her butt, but after FOUR kids she has an excuse.

Comment

With a number of incidents over my long life, I conclude that, when water has passed under the bridge, it is rarely worthwhile to try and dam it up again. I can think of several incidents when I've met up with friends and acquaintances from the past. Conversation is usually quite stilted of the "do you remember...?" type and a new friendship chemistry rarely sparks off. That having been said, I'm a devil for wondering what so-and-so is doing now, but I rarely find out
            Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

finaly made contact with that old friend.... now i hope she remebers that i am one of her better friends and dosent shy away from me like she used to befor.... keeping my fingers crosed.... the strange thing is i felt beter about 2 hours ago.... thats when her plane landed... i didnt know at the time, i just found out.... she is my spiritual twin... just hope she hasnt forgotten....
              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Working...
              X