Our Fallen Soldiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Fallen Soldiers

Here are photos and background of all the US soldiers who have died in Iraq.

Here is a similar list of other countrys' soldiers who have died in Iraq.

(I hope this is not considered controversial)
    Last edited by Brian R.; 29 April 2004, 21:02.

It's not controversial till somebody comments, as such.

Comment

Originally posted by SitFlyer
      It's not controversial till somebody comments, as such.
      I agree. This thread will stay here. and it will stay uncontroversial
      Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhh Ohhhhhhhhh Ohhhhhhhhhh can I make it controversial Danny?
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

/me takes off hat (solemn moment)
          Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

What's the most saddening thing is the amount who've lost their lives through accidents
            When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I want to, too!!! I can make this controversial in a single sentence!

Jammrock
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Great post Brian. It's good to put faces to the names and get a little closer to them. Most of us go on with our lives everyday without thinking about the war. This helps keep it real.

R.I.P.
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Thank you. One of the main reasons I posted this was for the benefit of soldiers who have or may have known some of these guys/gals.

Also, so we don't easily forget.

Comment

May their families and close ones know no more sorrow.
                    "For every action, there is an equal and opposite criticism."

Comment

Bump

Comment

Hmm.
                        So far only one from Denmark. I remember the incident - died by friendly fire while searching a truck (whose occupants opened fire).
                        Im glad to say that none of my friends are in Iraq atm. (tho a couple are in x-jugoslavia).

As for all the accidents - yes well. People die by accidents everywhere. The sheer number of soldiers virtually guarantees that accidents will happen. I have no clue about the % or how it compares to the risc of everyday life. Might be more, might be less. I DO think Id rather be a soldier in Iraq than a coalmine worker tho.

~~DukeP~~

Comment

Originally posted by DukeP
                          [B]As for all the accidents - yes well. People die by accidents everywhere. The sheer number of soldiers virtually guarantees that accidents will happen. I have no clue about the % or how it compares to the risc of everyday life. Might be more, might be less. I DO think Id rather be a soldier in Iraq than a coalmine worker tho.
                          Soliders on a whole are exposed to more dangerous and life threatening situations even in non-combat situations that give them a high accident rate then most other people will face. Plus add in fatiuge and what not and you have the makings for a disaster. I know when I was in (not that long ago) we had risk assement cards to figure out how much risk we where going to encounter and how to cut it down to a more managable level.
                          Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

At least at work, you can quit...

Comment

Working...
                            X