How to set windows to greyscale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to set windows to greyscale?

Is there a way to set everything (except maybe movies) in winxp to greyscale? even the start menu etc?

Didnt find anything in the windows or g400 settings

Get a black and white monitor? And use TV out for colour movies?
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Actually I only want to see what it looks like (and i dont have much money, so buying the greyscale monitor is not an option)

Is there no software tool to do so?

Comment

OK well then just take a screenshot of what you want to see then turn it to greyscale in an image editing program (even the simplest proggies should do this - I think you could save as a greyscale BMP in MS Paint!)

Then display it fullscreen eg by using F11 in ie and a small page with body borders set to 0.
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

so there is no way?

Comment

Maybe this is good enough ?
            "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

Comment

Originally posted by Rakido

Maybe this is good enough ?
              nope, been there

Comment

if you output to a tv and turn the colour down

Comment

dont have a TV (I'm just a student with a very limited budget)

Comment

Re: How to set windows to greyscale?

Originally posted by Topha
                    Is there a way to set everything (except maybe movies) in winxp to greyscale? even the start menu etc?

WHY?
                    Go Bunny GO!

Titan:
                    MSI NEO2-FISR | Intel P4-3.0C | 1024MB Corsair TWINX1024 3200LLPT RAM | ATI AIW 9700 Pro | Dell P780 @ 1024x768x32 | Turtle Beach Santa Cruz | Sony DRU-500A DVD-R/-RW/+R/+RW | WDC 100GB [C:] | WDC 100GB [D:] | Logitech MX-700

Mini:
                    Shuttle SB51G XPC | Intel P4 2.4Ghz | Matrox G400MAX | 512 MB Crucial DDR333 RAM | CD-RW/DVD-ROM | Seagate 80GB [C:] | Logitech Cordless Elite Duo

Server:
                    Abit BE6-II | Intel PIII 450Mhz | Matrox Millennium II PCI | 256 MB Crucial PC133 RAM | WDC 6GB [C:] | WDC 200GB [E:] | WDC 160GB [F:] | WDC 250GB [G:]

Comment

Re: Re: How to set windows to greyscale?

Originally posted by mmp121
                      WHY?
                      Style

Honestly, if I manage it somehow, ill take a pic of my desk so you can see

Comment

Solder the red, green, and blue signals together in your monitor cable.
                        Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

Originally posted by Ribbit
                          Solder the red, green, and blue signals together in your monitor cable.
                          That way all the movies i would watch would be black&white as well

My PC is my all in one TV, DVD, stereo etc, it stands in one of my two rooms (the other is the bedroom), and i just would like an option (software wise) to set it to greyscales, because I think it might look quite good because the screen wouldnt be so obvious that way.

at the moment I have a b&w background and windows style set, but the icons and everything else remain coloured.

Its not really important, it was just an idea.

At least I got my PWC up quite a bit without actually intending to

Comment

You could go to the pain to edit all your icons with Microangelo

AZ
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Putting one of those radiation/glare screens would make the machine less noticable - you have to be looking at the monitor much closer to head-on to see the screen.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X