Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [p750] Full screen Zoom makes PC very slow

Hello,

I use my P750 with 2 VGA monitors and 1 TV. In order to see slideshows on the TV, I use the zoom functionality of the PowerDesk and select the whole screen.

After a few minutes, the PC becomes very very very slow... And any reboot doesn't change anything.

However if I wait a few minutes, all seems to be normal.

I think, the (original) fan can't cool enough the chipset !

So, is this a problem of my own graphic card ? or general to all P750 ?

Is there an other way to display slideshows on TV out ?

Thanks

Hi aklmie

I thought it was a problem with my PC configuration. This sounds so much like what I experience. If you have a 2 monitor setup with (PAL in my case) TV-out, and use the zoom function, and after some time windows are repainted *VERY* slowly, until the PC becomes totally unresponsive, expecially when you have a lot of windows open.

The trick I use to make the system responsive again is to have a hotkey to disable zoom. What also helps is trying to go to the display properties setting and modify the hardware acceleration settings in the Troubleshoot tab of the video card.

I have also enabled feature display for DVDMax if that would be necessary to reproduce this error.
    Maybe it is allready bugged at the Matrox forums, will check later when I have time.

As for slideshows, I have always wondered why there isn't a little program from Matrox to display pictures on the secondary monitor. All image tools with full screen view use the primary display. With PowerPoint you can specify the secondary display, but the slideshow stops when you try to use the system.

What I would want is to display some slideshow on the secondary display and be able to continue working on the first.
    Very sad you have to zoom en area and not have a shortcut key for cloning a display, like with the G4xx and 550.

Good luck,
    Last edited by Peter Aragon; 27 April 2004, 02:48.
    Peter Aragon
    Matrox Parhelia 128 Retail, Iiyama VisionMaster Pro 454, Asus P4C800 Deluxe, Pentium IV 2.8 GHz 800 MHz FSB, Maxtor 120GB S-ATA, 512MB Mem, SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro, Gigaworks S750 speakers, AOpen DVD-R, Pioneer 16x DVD-106, 3COM 905C Networkcard.

Comment

Working...
    X