Is this fast or what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this fast or what?

I'm looking forwards to checking this out when it comes to my area.......Shaw High-Speed Xtreme-I ...
    ....5 megabits downstream and 1 megabit upstream....

I'm looking forward to what Sasqs has
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

what does sasq have?

I'm looking forward to having what i had...
      Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Sasq has 100Mb up/down fiber
        Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
          guess the only thing you'll be looking forward to is internet2?

mfg
          wulfman
          "Perhaps they communicate by changing colour? Like those sea creatures .."
          "Lobsters?"
          "Really? I didn't know they did that."
          "Oh yes, red means help!"

Comment

I have 4Mb down and 1Mb up with Sympatico DSL Ultra.

Pretty good I would say

Cheers,
            Elie

Comment

Originally posted by Sasq
              not bad...
              Main Machine: Intel Q6600@3.33, Abit IP-35 E, 4 x Geil 2048MB PC2-6400-CL4, Asus Geforce 8800GTS 512MB@700/2100, 150GB WD Raptor, Highpoint RR2640, 3x Seagate LP 1.5TB (RAID5), NEC-3500 DVD+/-R(W), Antec SLK3700BQE case, BeQuiet! DarkPower Pro 530W

Comment

Almost a month ago, Accesscomm.ca (Regina, SK) upgraded all there customers from 1Mbit up/down to 5Mbit down/1Mbit, with no extra charge. I just found out SaskTel Highspeed DSL will soon be offering a 5Mbit down / 1Mbit up service. Looks like the Canadian ISP are increasing their bandwidth limits while in the US they (Comcast, etc) are decreasing them.
                I should have bought an ATI.

Comment

They have announced 2 and 4Mbit connections here, tho they are unwilling to offer more than 256Kbits upload..
                  PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
                  Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
                  +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Originally posted by knirfie
                    what does sasq have?
                    Lots and LOTS of hair

I have 1Mb/256 cable. NTL just tried to increase my cost by £3/month. I threatened to reduce my service to 600/128 (£25/month, £10/month less than 1Mb) and they backed down.

How can they justify increasing charges for the same product when alternatives are getting cheaper all the time?
                    FT.

Comment

I'm on 128k ISDN... Crap...

Comment

bah ... living in no-DSL-county, I should praise myself lucky that my 56kbit modem connects at 28.8 or 26.4 !!!

at least that's what my local telecom(edian) technician told me, because German Telecom(post) is only supposed to guarantee a frequency range of 3100Hz ...

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                        LG BH10LS38
                        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

I also want that 100Mbit connection, and I'll probably get it "soonâ„¢", in about 10 years!

"Soonâ„¢" is a relative term.

Comment

@Fat Tone - NTl is supposed to be increasing the speeds soon (for no extra cost).
                            Blueyonder, who I'm with will complete free 50% download speed increases by the end of May.

Link:http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/04...est_broadband/

Comment

thanks Rob. So as a result of my threat I should get 1.5Mb/sec for £34.99/month for a while, and after that I'll be happy to go to the 750k service and probably not even notice the difference except for really big downloads, saving £10/month
                              FT.

Comment

Working...
                              X