EIZO FlexScan L550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EIZO FlexScan L550

I'm interested in EIZO FlexScan L550 because of its features and analog/digital inputs. Just what I need, if I want to use three LCD monitors with my Parhelia card.
    Does anyone of you guys know of any tests or reviews that include this monitor?

I don't know any reviews, but we have a few EIZO users here

But there are a lot more screens with analog/digital connections from many manufacturers (NEC, Sharp, Sony, Acer to name just a few).

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

If those have DVI-D inputs you would be limited to 2 monitors, if they are DVI-I (analog) then you can have three
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Addendum to Greebe's post: DVI-I is of course both analog and digital.

AZ

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
          If those have DVI-D inputs you would be limited to 2 monitors, if they are DVI-I (analog) then you can have three
          Parhelia 128MB doesn't have three DVI connectors, so using three monitors with their DVI connections is impossible, wheather those are DVI-D or DVI-I. If three monitors are used with Parhelia 128MB, two of them will be using analog D-Sub 15-pin connector (because of splitter cable). EIZO FlexScan L550 has both analog D-Sub and digital DVI-D, so I can use the following multi-monitor modes (depending on connection setup):

- 2 digital monitors
          - 1 digital monitor and 2 analog monitors
          - 3 analog monitors
          - 1 digital monitor, 1 analog monitor and a TV
          - 2 analog monitors and a TV

Am I right?

Comment

Almost. (Though I don't know about the possible setups on a Parhelia - doesn't it do 2 digital, one analog?) DVI-A and the analog part of DVI-I are the same as DSUB, only the plug looks different. There are cheap adapters DVI-I/A<->DSUB out there, which contain no electronics. So you really don't need a screen with DSUB, one with DVI-I or DVI-A for analog and DVI-D for digital would equally suit you. Some screens with DVI-I inputs even come with DSUB adaptors.

here is an eBay auction of such an adaptor with a lot of pictures (though that particular one doesn't look very high quality to me).

AZ

Comment

Parhelia has two DVI-I connectors. When you are using three monitors at the same time, you'll be using an analog splitter cable on port B of Parhelia card. The splitter cable has two D-Sub connectors on the other end. That leaves only one connector left (port A) and that can be used for either digital or analog. There is also the same adapter that you just mentioned in the Parhelia package, because it is needed when connecting an analog CRT monitor.

So, when using three monitors, only one of them can use digital connection.

Comment

Ah, now I understand

Then of course I have linked you to the wrong adaptor, but there is one the other way around, too (so you can connect a DVI-I/A screen to a DSUB graphics card, like Parhelia ports 2 and 3).

AZ

Comment

OK, thanks!

There's only one BIG question left. I would have to decide, witch monitor suits me best!

All of the three monitors should be the same models and each of them should have both digital and analog connections. Panels should be fast enough to play games and/or video clips. Viewing angles should be as wide as possible etc.

EIZO L550 costs about 530€ here in Finland and this is definitely the limit I'm prepared to pay for a single 17" LCD monitor.

Comment

The LG L1710B fits the bill, although I don't know much they cost in Finland
                    When you own your own business you only have to work half a day. You can do anything you want with the other twelve hours.

Comment

I'd stick with Eizo...

Comment

Working...
                      X