Mmm DELL 2001FP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmm DELL 2001FP

One thing I just noticed is a sort of grid effect on the lh side of the screen. Noticable if you scroll up and down. However if you just move your head up and down you get the same effect.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Pics or diagram of what you're talking about?

Comment

The best way I can describe it is as follows. Imagine looking through a sieve but with a bright light source from behind it. Looking directly you see the light but if you move up or down or sideways you'd see the pattern of the sieve filtering.

Too be honest I think it's my fault as I cleaned the screen and may have pressed on too much. It's not too bad today so I'll see how it goes.

If need be does any anyone have the direct email address for Dell tech support in the UK. One the web site they ask for the Tag number which of course I don't have. LCD aren't listed on the drop down list. I tried the customer number which also suggested when you click on help but it can't find any record. Talking to the dummies in Indian won't be helpful I think.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

is the serial number not in the OSD. Or a serial number on the back of the unit should do it. They normally come with 3 years on site.

I dont have a direct support e-mail address, unfortunately. I have to go through mr account manager.

Gonna try order a replacement battery for a Inspiron dont know the serial number or the battery model. Hope it will be easy.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff

Gonna try order a replacement battery for a Inspiron dont know the serial number or the battery model. Hope it will be easy.

Peter
          try here for your battery.

Comment

Originally posted by Fluff
            is the serial number not in the OSD. Or a serial number on the back of the unit should do it. They normally come with 3 years on site.

I dont have a direct support e-mail address, unfortunately. I have to go through mr account manager.

Peter
            Nope tried serial number already.
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Pants, just looked for the service tag on an 1800FP could only find a serial number and manufacture date. I'm gonn aorder a battery today i'll assk account manager on your behalf.

Peter

Comment

Just phoned up dell business tech support.

Yep they asked me for the service tag repeatedly.

Yep you dont need a service tag number, if you give them the serial number of the unit. They should be able to find the purchase order number (that is if you bought it from dell).

Or the Service tag off the base unit bought with screen.

The purchase order from dell should also do.

If you bought it from a 3rd party supplier eg at a computer fair. I'm not sure how the warranty works. Probably the money was saved by not having dell deal with you directly and you have to deal through them.

Peter

Some screens you can buy with 3 years on site, for a bit cheaper you can get one with one years warranty.
                Last edited by Fluff; 23 April 2004, 03:47.

Comment

Interstingly the pattern disappears as the unit warms up. Odd.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                  X