How to cut film rolls?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to cut film rolls?

How can I cut films rolls precisely and safely? I would like to have film strips in six frames. I asked some sales guys and they told me that sissors are the only way to go, if one doesn't want the industrial solutions.

Any tips for me? If sissors have to be used, are their any tricks to cut the films precisely?

I'm sure I've seen small guillotines for exactly this purpose.
    Just anchor it the right distance from a 'stop' and you can cut to the exact same length every time.
    FT.

Comment

yup those exist... we have some at uni.... but scizors will do fine
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Thanks. I'm not sure if I can find this device in the shops.

Comment

Try a search like this:

They are available from a few euros to several hundred euros!
          FT.

Comment

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Just use a razor knife

Comment

Don't be silly. Just use scissors. Its very easy to do clean consistent cuts on 35mm film with scissors.
                <TABLE BGCOLOR=Red><TR><TD><Font-weight="+1"><font COLOR=Black>The world just changed, Sep. 11, 2001</font></Font-weight></TR></TD></TABLE>

Comment

We used to use a rolling geared knife like a geared pizza cutter in the same system as those guillotines. Instead of shearing with a flat blade, it had a rolling blade. This was for bigger film though. Very neat.

Comment

Working...
                  X