HL2: maybe 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HL2: maybe 2005

"We've already spent millions into this project, and we're willing to spend as much as we need to make this the best first person experience ever. If that means delaying the game to 2005, we'll do it without any hesitation. If it means sinking another $20 million into the project, we can do it. Rest assured, if we delay the game, it'll be only to blow your socks off even more when it finally releases."
    from http://www.vgpro.com/news/4590
    "Women don't want to hear a man's opinion, they just want to hear their opinion in a deeper voice."

I have a feeling that this one is too delayed and too overhyped to be worthy when it hits the streets.

It will likely end up like Daikatana.

Comment

There is no HL2. Its just a marketing ploy by nVidea/ATI to make you upgrade

It will be out when it's ready I guess....
      The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Hey, if it comes out in 2005, I might be able to upgrade my video card by then and actually play it

Jammrock
        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Q1 2005 there will be a name change to Half Life Forever as it will take that long to finish like the latest in the Duke Nukem series
          Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

Originally posted by UtwigMU
            I have a feeling that this one is too delayed and too overhyped to be worthy when it hits the streets.

It will likely end up like Daikatana.
            reminds me of.. longhorn?

Comment

On halflife2.net it says.....

Half-Life 2 still set for 2004 release
              by Munro @ 3:22am Monday 19th April, 2004

There have been a lot of rumours and assumptions produced at other sites (or should we say tabloids?) about Half-Life 2 being delayed until 2005. This isn’t the case at all; people are simply getting confused by a hypothetical comment from Gabe Newell.

The comment was a reply to a question about Valve’s reasons for the delay back in September 2003. It’s purely hypothetical and there’s no reason to think Valve will be delaying the game until 2005 or putting $20 million more into it.

The game will be released this year so sit back, relax and keep checking Halflife2.net for real information about Half-Life 2. There isn’t long to wait now.

This is Gabe Newell’s quote from an interview with Polygon magazine:

"We've already spent millions into this project, and we're willing to spend as much as we need to make this the best first person experience ever. If that means delaying the game to 2005, we'll do it without any hesitation. If it means sinking another $20 million into the project, we can do it. Rest assured, if we delay the game, it'll be only to blow your socks off even more when it finally releases."

Comment

I think they are going to release new footage during E3 and the game will be released soon after that. They want to coincide the release with ATI's X800. Just my speculative opinion

Dave
                Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

It's been rewritten by the Bitzboys. You'll never seen it. I wonder if ATI will refund all the coupons????
                  Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Oh, come on now. It's not fair to compare it to DNF or to Daikatana.

Nobody ever saw DNF. HL2 has been demoed, and source to parts of HL2 have been leaked.

As for Daikatana - HL2 has its own, new, and kickass (from what I have seen) engine. Daikatana ran in Quake2.
                    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombat

Nobody ever saw DNF. HL2 has been demoed, and source to parts of HL2 have been leaked.

On the DN manhatten Project CD is a beautiful preview/demo movie of the game. It looks great and gameplay will certainly be there when it is actually released. Do you think it is being faked to keep sales up of other DN titles?
                      Better to let one think you are a fool, than speak and prove it

Comment

I think it's there to keep investors from pulling out.
                        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Plus I really, really doubt Half-Life 2 will have robotic frogs.

Comment

Doubt it will have anything.
                            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Damn, that means Vampire Bloodlines will be pushed back to 2005 as well because they're not allowed to release it before HL2
                              Q9450 + TRUE, G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2, GTX 560, ASUS X48, 1TB WD Black, Windows 7 64-bit, LG M2762D-PM 27" + 17" LG 1752TX, Corsair HX620, Antec P182, Logitech G5 (Blue)
                              Laptop: MSI Wind - Black

Comment

Working...
                              X