Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with premier capture

erm... defentivly soon (tm) on my short film

avid has its quirks when ouputing to anything other than QT and sequential graphic files... i.e. AVI is a headach....

so i made a digital cut on tape and tried to recapture it in Premier pro... but the capture window will show me only half of the image.. the uper half.. while the lower half is plain black.... when i view the file in premier it displays fine but when i view it a media player when in full screen it shows fine but in windowed screen it show half the fram as green... any sugestions....
    any one else having the same problem... IIRC the problem is the same in MS movie maker when i try to capture from DV cam.

here are my system specs...

PIV 2ghz 512KB 400FSB
    I865GBF
    2x512MB DDR 400 (operating in dual chanal dynamic page mode @266mhz DDR... is this normal BTW?)
    Prime IDE M 40GB WD 7200RPM
    Prime IDE S 60GB Maxtor 7200RPM
    Secnd IDE M Plextor DVD-/+R(W)
    Secnd IDE S Pioneer DVD-ROM 16x
    AGP Matrox G550 2xSamsung 17'monitors

PCI 1 Free

PCI 2 Creamware LUNA II Sound card

PCI 3 CreamWare LUNA II Sound card

PCI 4 Promis tech. Fasttrack ATA raid TX2
    1x40GB HDD Maxtor? 7200rpm
    3x40GB HDD Western Digital 7200rpm
    PCI 5 FireWire Card (TI chipset)

PCI 6 LAN card 10/100 (realtech chipset)

system temp @ 30c CPU hovers around 32c

PSU generic 400W

Windows XP SP1a (no other win updates)

Avid Xpress Pro

Premier Pro

and other stuf...

"They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Just output to QT, then from QuickTime player export as AVI

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

i just tried the same file on a difrent PC... NO PROBLEM WHAT SO EVER ?!?!?!?!?!?!? WTF...... so the problem is not in bound ... its only when my computer plays AVI files or atleast tries to use direct show or whatever it is in DirectX that it uses to diplay on screen..... but then how come in AVID i have no problems what so ever... ahhhhhhh i think i need to get something newer than a g550 cause i am beging to suspect that the problem is from it.... in any event a week back i had an HW failiure ... WinXP would no longer recognise my G550 ... not even after a driver reinstall...... something wiered is hapening here....
      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Working...
      X