Check out this 6800U pic from Leadtek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check out this 6800U pic from Leadtek

Interesting to say the least. I'm not sure what the point is, but it is very curious.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Wouldn't the rightmost connector be a genlock?

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

yes, the BNC is for Genlock, and the two RJ-45 are for Framelock.

The QuadroFX 3000G has both of those, as well as a stereo connector, so its good odds that it supports that as well.

Acctually, that card looks just like the QuadroFX 3000G.

ELSA product page
      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Genlock and Framelock?
        The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

IIRC, genlock allows you to syncronize the vertical refresh between one or more video cards and an external control (ie, one example is that you can sync it so that displays do not flicker when being recorded by a camera).

IIRC, framelock allows syncronizing frame buffer swaps across video cards, allowing you to keep rendering syncronized across possibly multiple computers.
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

cool
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

ya, if you check the fan, it has a Quadro FX logo on it.

Actually, this maybe Quadro FX 4000.

Check NVnews today, you will see them mention QFX 4000

Comment

Heh, and I was about to say "why integrate a NIC into a video card?"

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Snake
                  Heh, and I was about to say "why integrate a NIC into a video card?"
                  Particularly one with a 10base2 coax connection
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Working...
                  X