Local paper confirms what I always thought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local paper confirms what I always thought

Yes the highways division in our city is run by a bunch of useless Brainless pricks. Even having to listen to the PC road safety rubbish at half time the other weekend during a football match didn't piss me off too much. In case you didn't know it was all the drivers fault not a single mention of parents teaching the kids basic road safety. Our dead cat got more road sense than most 14 year olds and I had more when I was four.

Anyway in the local rag, news paper it says the local area is facing a huge multi million pound road repair problem. No you don't say. Strangley our council isn't aware of any road problems.
    You what!!!!

Every main road has large cracks running across it pot holes some a foot across and several inches deap are common place. Poorly done road repairs are sinking so you got depressions.

On minor roads in some cases the road is getting down to the old cobbles. The road outside our house has worn down to the surface it had in the seventies even the old white lines are coming back. Plus a manhole covers frame has come lose and this clunks every other second. I just reported it.

The only thing this council is interested in is speed humps and preventing cars from using Sheffield. Theres only two main routes into Sheffield from the south and guess what? One of them they're narrowing. Not even a bus can get through as theres no longer an option to extend the bus lane.

Clueless bunch of ****oles that'll ruin this city and then wonder why Business has moved to places like Leeds.
    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Plus they like to keep the plans for new overpasses hidden in difficult to access basements.

Comment

No they claim they set you a questionaire about proposed road changes. They then tell you for the first time about the changes at a meeting.

Then since the plan doesn't include speed humps and won't really effect traffic flow they forget about the plan.

One of the alternative ways for me and people locally to drive into town was by popular lesbo demand turned into a no go area of speed humps. The plan had one get out clause for locals. The road humps would be reviewed after a couple of years.

Now locals and local lesbo's have decided the Lesbos were wrong and want the humps removed due too noise, damage and safety reasons. The humps were bolted onto the road and have come lose or worn down. The best thing is the council are ignoring them. The humps to are there too stay. Serves them right.
      Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Why don't you run for the local council?

Comment

Sadly suggesting that

a) kids shouldn't play on busy roads and

b) Also need to learn how to cross the road properly.

Won't be a vote winner.
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Don't you believe it.

Why? Only responsible people vote.

Comment

Do I really want a bunch of lesbo and deprived ex socalists protesting outside my house every other night. Not really.
              Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

At least you will have them all in one place.. You could get some robot dressed as an Arab to come blow itself up in their midst and have your way with things then.. BWAHAHAHAHA

Comment

LOL

Careful this will go in the temp forum.
                  Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

How is the public transportation in your area?

If it is good, that explains it...
                    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Local road quality seems to be suffering everywhere - the roads round here are falling apart at an unbelievable rate.

On the other hand we are getting major amounts of money spent on the A2 and M2 and surrounding major roads.

Apparently the local councils spent all the road budget by September last year. Even then, it's April now - so where's the new round of road repairs?

On the subject of speed humps - we could actually do with one on our road, as it is straight, wide in places, has 2 schools on it, a taxi overflow rank (which blocks one lane when in use), parked cars both sides, no crossings, and does get arseholes doing 50+ up and down it.
                      Last edited by Rob(QG); 17 April 2004, 01:10.

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
                        How is the public transportation in your area?

If it is good, that explains it...
                        A lot better than some but basically unreliable and expensive. £1.40 to town from where I live and it's only a little faster than walking some of the time. Might as well use your car.
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by Rob(QG)
                          Local road quality seems to be suffering everywhere - the roads round here are falling apart at an unbelievable rate.

On the other hand we are getting major amounts of money spent on the A2 and M2 and surrounding major roads.

Apparently the local councils spent all the road budget by September last year. Even then, it's April now - so where's the new round of road repairs?

On the subject of speed humps - we could actually do with one on our road, as it is straight, wide in places, has 2 schools on it, a taxi overflow rank (which blocks one lane when in use), parked cars both sides, no crossings, and does get arseholes doing 50+ up and down it.
                          If you want bad roads come to Sheffield we lose several pot holers a year. I haven't come across anywhere worse recently. The only surface I've come mathcing it is in Hornsea and thats becuase the road is being resurfaced.

Theres better ways for controling traffic then speed humps.

1) Speed Camera's which don't prevent emergency services from doing there jobs.

2) Big fines for speeding and bad parking.

3) Enforcing what measures you're already got.

4) Narrow one side of the road at regular intervals with alternat rights of way which forces traffic to stop.

Three is the big problem. In Sheffield unless you're in certains areas you can park where you like blocking street exits bus lanes etc.

One road Police did crack down but then withdrew due to hostility from some dickheads from the Asian community. The policy was working, bus lanes were empty at the correct times. I guess being surrounded by aggressive Asians over a parking ticket isn't worth the hassel.

The biggest danger near where I live is parking. People park right up to the junction so you can't see a thing. You have to edge half a car length out to see and then you get a dickhead swearing at you for doing it. I presume they prefer you to pull right out.
                          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Working...
                          X