Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Robot trailer

See it here

I'll have to reread the novel, but this doesn't sound very much like any Isaac Asimov I ever read.

Kevin

edit Warning: high bandwidth.

I'll second that and need to reread the book too. Has been ... Holy moo moo dung, that was nearly 3 decades ago now, GAWD!
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

It looks pretty much like the opposite of what Asimov wrote.

- Steve

Comment

It looks good to me
        Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
          I'll second that and need to reread the book too. Has been ... Holy moo moo dung, that was nearly 3 decades ago now, GAWD!
          LOL, I've noticed that seems to be the way I feel about most movies made from novels anymore.
          Anyway, I hope it's good but I ain't holdin my breath. Asimov's stories have a terrible track record on screen.
          eg: Nightfall
          chuck
          Chuck
          秋音的爸爸

Comment

It looked very good to me until that robot invasion thing, now it only looks good anymore. But of course, I haven't read the book.

AZ
            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Looks like it's going to end up like the typical cookie cutter Hollywood trash.
              “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
              –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

But, pretty trash...
                -We stop learning when We die, and some
                people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
                Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
                - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
                - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

Looks pretty interesting!

Love the new Audi too

Comment

just wait till Guchi sees the trailer

Comment

Hmm.. i thing the only thing related to Asimov in the movie might be the Three Laws Of Robotics and the settings ie, USRobotics etc, and maybe character names.. looks like they took a lot of small things from all over Asimov's robot series and have made a futuristic cop movie

I have to agree that it is difficult to make Asimov's books into movies.. maybe Fantastic Voyage based movies seems to have done well. I watched the original for Raquel Welch and the other movie was called InnerSpace i think featuring Dan Arkquoid (spelling??)
                      Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                      ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

oh yah you can "buy" the robot featured in the movie here
                        http://www.ns-5.com/index.php from the link at the official movie site...

Like the way the car looks though... wonder how much that will cost..??
                        Life is a bed of roses. Everyone else sees the roses, you are the one being gored by the thorns.

AMD PhenomII555@B55(Quadcore-3.2GHz) Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 Kingston 1x2GB Generic 8400GS512MB WD1.5TB LGMulti-Drive Dell2407WFP
                        ***Matrox G400DH 32MB still chugging along happily in my other pc***

Comment

The car looks like a modified Audio TT with a body kit

Comment

If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

pft.. petitions are a joke. Only money matters in this world, and the only people with a voice are those who have money.

Comment

Working...
                              X