check diz out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• check diz out

Download HD-4K animated, 3D Games phone wallpapers to your iPhone or Android. ✅Get for free!

I heard about that project last year, and it really chokes on my Parhelia, but it is very well worth a shot

some more work from those guys, for those who remember ...

Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
    Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
    be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
    4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
    2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
    Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
    LG BH10LS38
    LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Amazing for the size, better then D3, seem to run ok although I would like to invert the mouse.

Didn't read the file to se if possible.

Comment

How does it work, 96kb game that takes 250mb of ram. and runs so slow and takes ages to loa. Hmm:/
      Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe (nForce2)>>AMD 2500+@ 3200+ (Barton)>>1.5 GB Ram (PC400)>>Leadtek GF 6800 12x6(385/850)>>Western Digital 120GB (WD1200JB) & Fujitsu 20Gb(MPF3204AT)>>Cambridge Audio azur 540A>>Razer Viper(Mouse)>>V7 V7S20PD 20.1 TFT Monitor>>NEC 3510A>>Lite-ON (40x10)>>Cherry CyMotion>>CanoScan N670U>>Epson Stylus Color 760>>Windows XP (SP2)

Comment

It's at the end of the readme, Kastuvas

Doesn't run here. No surprise (Kyro II...)

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

just the usual Demo scene stuff. nothing really special. 4KB intros are now "in" (or at least last year most parties had best entries on 4KB compos.)

and of course, old skool demos are the ones that really makes your eyes pop out. (and puts your 1Ghz class PCs in the shame. for those guys, 8 bit machines like MSX, Commodore 64 and even Commodore VIC-20 are enough to push some really cool stuff. For example, on annual Floppy party they had 128 bytes intro compo few years ago.)
          "Dippadai"

Comment

No, I'm always impressed by these guys... although I reckon Braben and Bell still set the standard.

Nonetheless a Parhelia definitely struggles with this one - and I doubt it's the CPU in this case (Barton @ 2.2 GHz) - wonder how the 9800Pro Guys handle this?
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

my g3 ti 200 didnt handle it very well. almost everything was bright and red

Comment

Pretty sweet. Looks great on the 9800, lighting and texturing is well done. Plenty fast (I should run fraps, but haven't).
                Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

it has very high specs

Something like:

1.5GHz CPU
                  512MB RAM
                  GF4 or higher video card with 128MB ram!!!
                  Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastuvas
                    How does it work, 96kb game that takes 250mb of ram. and runs so slow and takes ages to loa. Hmm:/
                    It generates the textures on the fly rather than loading in pre-made textures that every other game does.

From the README:

In general, if you have any technical questions concerning .kkrieger, either refer to our
                    web site or contact us via email. However past experience shows that there are some rumours
                    and misunderstandings about our work that are very hard to correct, so we'll state the truth
                    here, in written form, for all the world to see

- We do .not. have some kind of magical data compression machine that is able to squeeze
                    hundreds of megabytes of mesh/texture and sound data into 96k. We merely store the
                    individual steps employed by the artists to produce their textures and meshes, in a very
                    compact way. This allows us to get .much. higher data density than is achievable with
                    normal data compression techniques, at some expense in artistic freedom and loading times.
                    - .kkrieger is not written in 100% assembler/machine language. Not even nearly. Like the
                    vast majority of game projects being developed today, .kkrieger was mostly written in
                    C++, with some tiny bits of assembler where it is actually advantageous (notably, there
                    are a lot of MMX optimisations in the texture generator).
                    - A kilobyte is, historically, defined to be 1024 (2^10) bytes, not 1000. Thus .kkrieger is
                    a game in 96k even though it's actually 98304 bytes.
                    - The concept of the texture/mesh generators was developed by fiver2. We do .not. want to
                    claim that the techniques we used to develop .kkrieger are new inventions. It´s rather a
                    selection of useful operations and their parameters to optimise the results.
                    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Nappe1
                      just the usual Demo scene stuff. nothing really special. 4KB intros are now "in" (or at least last year most parties had best entries on 4KB compos.)

and of course, old skool demos are the ones that really makes your eyes pop out. (and puts your 1Ghz class PCs in the shame. for those guys, 8 bit machines like MSX, Commodore 64 and even Commodore VIC-20 are enough to push some really cool stuff. For example, on annual Floppy party they had 128 bytes intro compo few years ago.)
                      Yo Nappe1,

as a regular "scener" you should know the guys from Farbrausch, don't you ?

as for your comment on the "vast size of the code" ...

how about these ones
                      http://www.farb-rausch.com/fr026.zip ... 34 bytes
                      http://www.farb-rausch.com/fr-016b.zip ... 11 bytes
                      http://www.farb-rausch.com/fr017.zip ... 51, 2x 64 bytes

also you should remember that .kkrieger is not just the usual Demo scene stuff, but instead it's an interactive game ...

finally, if those guys aren't "old skool", who else is ?
                      Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                      Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                      be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                      4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                      2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                      OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                      4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                      Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                      Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                      LG BH10LS38
                      LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

The shadows are little bit buggy on my system.
                        Maybe thats the reason why its so slow on the P ?
                        I´m using the latest non beta drivers.
                        ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

Doesn't work quite right on my 64 meg 8500 either, but for 96k I can't complain too much. Not as impressive as the fr-19 demo though, that's my favorite.

Comment

Was getting at best 1fps on a 9600 pro (420/620) with XP1900+, 512 ram

Comment

I believe the game is far from finished,and not very well optimized.
                              On my rig frames vary from 1-15 frames(thats a guess,didn´t run fraps)But most of the times its chocking big.
                              ASUS P5B-E ;2GB G.Skill DDR2 Ram; C2D6420;lub 3D X1950pro ;SoundBlaster X-Fi;WinXP

Comment

Working...
                              X