Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaked NV40 Benchies from HOCP

get them while they are still up!

Mikrobitti on tietotekniikkaan erikoistunut lehti, joka antaa syvällistä tietoa laitteista, palveluista ja ilmiöistä. Mikrobitissä testataan ja vertaillaan tietotekniikan kiinnostavimmat tuotteet.

I can't believe the performance in Far Cry is barely beating the 9800XT? Did I miss something?
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

OK, i see the difference, 4xAA vs 2xAA. Big deal. If that is all you get for the 6800U in DX9, I'll pass.

Dave
    Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

You're conspiring with those Commie Canucks, aren't you?!?!!! I'll teach you to paint an unfavorable picture for nVidiamerica!

But seriously, it seems to do well in everything else:

Check out that Call of Duty! Nvidia really does love Q3 games.

Comment

They all look to be the same generation card..the NV40 is not consistantly beating any of the others.. I guess we will get a more complete picture tomorrow when they are officially launched.
        We have enough youth - What we need is a fountain of smart!

i7-920, 6GB DDR3-1600, HD4870X2, Dell 27" LCD

Comment

I think we will see the power of NV40 once high precision Pixel Shaders kick in

Comment

Hmm.

Far cry has NV40 at 2X the AA level of the 9800XT.

Flight sim one has it at 2X the AA level and AF level

UT has NV40 at 4X AA and 2X the AF level. 9800XT using no AA

Spinter Cell has NV40 at 1.67X higher res and 8X AF. 9800XT using no AF

Battlefield has NV at 4X AA and a 1.50X higher res. 9800XT using no AA.

CoD has it at 1.46X higher res.

With driver work still to come. I think it looks pretty good, actually. Here's hoping it's standard with dual DVI.

1.73TBredB@1.67(166X10)@1.6V
            ASUS A7N8X
            Corsair 1GB PC3200
            Parhelia 128MB
            EIZO L685EX

Comment

Originally posted by XHotKolaX
              Here's hoping it's standard with dual DVI.
              Gigabyte already announced the Dual DVI 6800U. Not sure about the rest.

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Chrono_Wanderer
                I think we will see the power of NV40 once high precision Pixel Shaders kick in
                Uh? which shaders are you referring to? The Far Cry benchmark shows that the 6800U pretty much sucks ass with shaders. If you are talking about PS3.0 then that is a moot point since there are ZERO games out that have it. And probably by the time it gets used, the R460 or R500 will be out and support PS3.0.

Dave

Actually, I forgot that Far Cry added PS3.0 to the latest patch(not sure how much though)

Improved shader speed (up to two times faster) for NVidia Geforce FX cards on very high settings
                - Fixed fog bug with NVidia drivers
                - Added support for NVidia NV40 chipset
                - Fixed realtime shadows from blended trees
                - Made improvements to lighting shaders on very high settings
                - Fixed bug with lake reflections
                - Added support fro PS3.0 shader profile

I believe all of the benchmarks were run with PS2.0 though.

Dave
                Last edited by Helevitia; 13 April 2004, 21:19.

Comment

Depends on what the settings for far cry is in this test. I think only in the "higest quality setting" it provides 2.0, even high setting uses only 1.x shaders. But then they may be using PS2.0... whatever lol

but, I wonder what kind of PS2.0 they use... I think its likely to be the FP16 format for the competibility (ati and nv supports them on their hardware).

What I mean was full precision, i.e. FP24/FP32, and lots and lots of pixel shaders 2.0 programs. By reading the info released, it seems like NV really focused on the PS development.

they claimed:

8X shaders performance comparing to NV35 (of course that is total BS but NV40 must be dramatically improved anyhow). Interesing thing is they said "4X the pipes", lol, so maybe now they are admitting NV35 has only 4 pipes while NV40 has 16. hahaha.

An another interesing thing is:

2 shaders units/clock

Comment

I'm looking forward to a 6800 non Ultra to replace my 9700 Pro that I'll be giving to my brother, to replace his GF3 Ti200 in turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Helevitia
                      Uh? which shaders are you referring to? The Far Cry benchmark shows that the 6800U pretty much sucks ass with shaders. If you are talking about PS3.0 then that is a moot point since there are ZERO games out that have it. And probably by the time it gets used, the R460 or R500 will be out and support PS3.0.

Dave

Actually, I forgot that Far Cry added PS3.0 to the latest patch(not sure how much though)

Improved shader speed (up to two times faster) for NVidia Geforce FX cards on very high settings
                      - Fixed fog bug with NVidia drivers
                      - Added support for NVidia NV40 chipset
                      - Fixed realtime shadows from blended trees
                      - Made improvements to lighting shaders on very high settings
                      - Fixed bug with lake reflections
                      - Added support fro PS3.0 shader profile

I believe all of the benchmarks were run with PS2.0 though.

Dave
                      of course, you are still forgetting that it is doing the same level of performance at 2x the AA mode as the 9800XT, and the same level of performance as the 5950 Ultra which had AA and AF disabled entirely.
                      "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

anybody got a clue what this apples-with-peaches-comparison-bs is about ???

I mean, what conclusion can you draw from those charts, other than "at differing settings, you get differring results" ?

what a surprise ...
                        Despite my nickname causing confusion, I am not female ...

ASRock Fatal1ty X79 Professional
                        Intel Core i7-3930K@4.3GHz
                        be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2
                        4x 8GB G.Skill TridentX PC3-19200U@CR1
                        2x MSI N670GTX PE OC (SLI)
                        OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
                        4x2TB Seagate Barracuda Green 5900.3 (2x4TB RAID0)
                        Super Flower Golden Green Modular 800W
                        Nanoxia Deep Silence 1
                        LG BH10LS38
                        LG DM2752D 27" 3D

Comment

rofl@Maggi

its [H], can't blame them

Comment

yum, should shut those ati fan boys up for a few minutes.
                            The previews in 3DS Max should look nice, and quick...
                            Wonder what the quadro will be like.

Comment

Working...
                            X