X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't log onto my WiFI AP

Doh I'm an Idiot

never mind
    Last edited by GT98; 13 April 2004, 17:36.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Into IE where? On the laptop? Or from some machine that would be "upstream" from the WAP?

Two things.

1. The AP has a different IP to its clients than it does on the network IT is a client on.

2. These things generally have remote administration turned off by default. So, the only machine that isn't "remote" is the laptop right now.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Put your password in the "password" field, not the "user name" field.
      Chuck
      Chuck
      秋音的爸爸

Comment

You know, if you don't tell us what the problem was, we're going to assume that you never plugged it in, and you were just leeching off your neighbor's WAP.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

well when I reset it I forgot that it goes to the Static IP address of 192.168.1.254 and not 192.168.1.100 when its set to get its IP address via DHCP. I'm still having issues with getting WEP to work (it wasn't finding my default gateway IP address to get out to the internet on the laptop).

I have a Netgear Wireless/Router combo coming UPS today that I'm going to be trying out since I'm going to be down to two Ports on my BEFSR41 once my VoIP Phone comes (also today ). The new router should take care of the issue also I have with my Cable modem and the BEFSR41 router, namely the WAN Port on the router not working properly and cutting my download speeds to 5Mbit instead of 10 or so I should be getting, though I'm capped for some reason with my load speeds which are a blazing 149kbps

Comment

Holy crap I just put in my new router and I'm at 9293kbps for my download speed

I still need to get my upload speed fixed since they capped me for some reason

Vonage VoIP is working pretty good and I'm happy with the quatily of the calls so far

Comment

Working...
            X