How do i calibrate my tv card?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i calibrate my tv card?

This might be in the wrong forum to post but how so i calibrate the composite on my TV card to get the colours and brightness looking right? In d-scaler it says to get a DVD that has a THX test screen on it, but i only have a VHS player.

Are there any tools you could reccomend, i dont think i can a fford a test pattern generator as i had a quick look and they appeared to cost about 150 GBP.

Are there any software tools that will use the composite / s-video tv out on my graphics card, so i can loop it back in?

This was my plan.

Use the tv out on my graphics card. Display a test card, record it to video. Then play back the video. Into the TV card. Then run the calibration that comes with dscaler. And hope it matches up with the RF colours from the tuner in the video recorder.

Peter.
    Last edited by Fluff; 13 April 2004, 07:48.

I have downloaded test patterns(gif's) off the net before, I can't remember from where, a quick search will probably turn a few up. (I think its something like philips test transmission or somtheing)

Alternatively wait for the station close on some smaller channel and hopefully they'll pop up a test pattern for a while

found some

and
    Last edited by Marshmallowman; 13 April 2004, 18:23.

Comment

Working...
    X