X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bios for Parhelia/P750/650

Check it out.

There is new bios.

Considering that 918 BIOS version is for Parhelia AGP 4x and 915 BIOS version is for Parhelia AGP 8x, PCI and MED series:

Most likely the fixed core (banding) was used for higher end and specialty cards, while the stock of 4x cores was sold as normal cards.

Now that that 4x stock is depleted, 8x core is also used for AGP cards.

Since Med series came out in November 02, we can conclude that this core was done then. This is also what Nicram said here. Considering that 130nm process was quite high end for 2002 (Remember GeForceFX), the AGP 8x should be 150nm as well. Clocks might be higher due to fixes - 250MHz - same as P750.

The core (already had some other fixes) that was rerouted in second half of 03 using Cadence tools might be the "Summer" that Haig is reffering to.

Still there was no mention of dieshrink in Summer talk, so 20% clock increase would translate to 300MHz, if "Summer" is intended for same segment as Parhelia. Summer also might be something else (a MMS card, a Marvel card,....).

Haig: If you see this post, could you please elaborate (if you can) on anything that this BIOS might have fixed?
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 11 April 2004, 01:03.

Comment

I think Kruzin's various (blatantly obvious hinting) comments have explained what summer is.

Comment

Back on topic

So, back on the topic of the BIOS update, does anyone have any clue what this fixes? I installed it, since I have an insatiable urge to update such things, but I have no idea what it does. It was quite a version jump from the last P750 version from 1.2 something to 1.7 something, so it makes me feel like I have some nice bug fixes installed. I just have no idea what they are. I do note that for no apparent reason after the reboot, I appear to have a significantly larger amount of free memory when running my usual background tasks and a web browser, but it could just be a coinicidence. I don't really know how a video BIOS update would affect free system memory.

Nathan

Comment

BIOS update itself not, but reboot might have something to do with it.

Comment

Well...

Well, I didn't mean that I suddenly had more free memory, as compared to that moment. I meant that my free memory just after a reboot jumped from previous situations just after a reboot.

I don't really attribute it to the BIOS necesarily, except for the timing. I was thinking that maybe if some AGP feature was tweaked, it could have some impact on available system memory, but I know nothing, and I doubt that this would be the case.

Nathan

Comment

Hehe i think new BIOS fixed maybe some unknown for normal user bugs like screen display in VESA mode etc. I think there is no any changes that will make card work faster ... but but maybe better
              Last edited by Nicram; 12 April 2004, 10:34.
              A CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just 4 hours...

Comment

Haig: If you see this post, could you please elaborate (if you can) on anything that this BIOS might have fixed?
                - Post issues with Planar panels.

- Not sure but I think this version has the fix for wrong colors during post.

- systemlogofix.exe has been improved for a few other motherboards

Comment

I recall once seing WD Datalifeguard tools in gigacolor, so this likely fixes that.

Comment

It sure did it...

DC
                    Asus EAH4870, Samsung SyncMaster 2232GW LCD, Asus P5Q Premium, Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz 1600 MHz FSB, Antec TruePower Quattro 1000, 5 Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA, Iomega 1GB Jaz, 4.09GB (OCZ 1066 DDR2 Reaper), Sound Blaster Audigy 2, LG GH22LS30, Logitech MX-1000, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows XP Professional (SP3)

Comment

Originally posted by Haig
                      - Post issues with Planar panels.

- systemlogofix.exe has been improved for a few other motherboards
                      HAIG, what are the differences between SytemLogoColorFix and SyStemLogoFix? Does LogoColorFix include the fixes in plain LogoFix? If so, why do you have inserted both in the lastest BIOS pack?
                      If i have an ASUS motherboard should i execute LogoColorFix or LogoFix?

Thx!
                      Last edited by Venturer; 13 April 2004, 03:59.
                      ATHLON XP 2600; Abit KX7-333Raid; 1GB SDRAM DDR PC-3200 Corsair XMS; Matrox Parhelia AGP 256; HITACHI 7K250 250GB; HITACHI 120GXP 120GB; HITACHI 120GXP 60GB; Sound Blaster Audigy 2; Plextor DVDRW PX-716A; Plextor CDRW Premium

Comment

If i have an ASUS motherboard should i execute LogoColorFix or LogoFix?
                        For my Asus P4C800-E Deluxe, LogoColorFix finally fix the wrong colors during post.

DC
                        Last edited by COLD; 13 April 2004, 04:20.
                        Asus EAH4870, Samsung SyncMaster 2232GW LCD, Asus P5Q Premium, Core 2 Quad 2.66 GHz 1600 MHz FSB, Antec TruePower Quattro 1000, 5 Seagate Barracuda 500GB SATA, Iomega 1GB Jaz, 4.09GB (OCZ 1066 DDR2 Reaper), Sound Blaster Audigy 2, LG GH22LS30, Logitech MX-1000, Antec Twelve Hundred Case, Windows XP Professional (SP3)

Comment

After update productivity has fallen...

Comment

productivity? care to explain?

Comment

I used Aquamark 3. With BIOS versions 1.3 was 2.8 million triangles. With BIOS to version 1.7 began 2.4 million triangles. Has returned version 1.3. Again there was 2.8 million triangles.

Comment

Working...
                              X