Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crime of the Century!

9-year-old Girl Arrested On Charges of Stealing Rabbit

NEW PORT RICHEY, Fla. (AP) — A 9-year-old girl accused of stealing a rabbit and $10 from a neighbor's home was arrested, handcuffed and questioned at a police station.

A Pasco County sheriff's deputy found the black-and-white rabbit, named Oreo, hopping around in the girl's living room, according to the arrest report. She was read her rights and taken away in the back of a patrol car.

The girl began to cry during questioning Tuesday. She admitted taking the rabbit belonging to another child, but denied taking two $5 bills and some change, according to reports.

Sheriff's spokesman Kevin Doll defended the arrest, and said if the victim of a crime wants an arrest, deputies are required to act if there is enough evidence.

Lori Ventura, the mother of the child who owns the rabbit, said the girl has been involved in other incidents and needs help.

The deputy could have taken a report and referred the charges to the state attorney, said Pasco-Pinellas Public Defender Bob Dillinger.

The girl was released to her mother from a juvenile assessment center about an hour after her arrest, which she said was scary. She also didn't like the deputy.

"He put one handcuff on me really tight," she said Thursday. In the patrol car, "He just stared at me in the mirror."

What a twit. Where was this guy when they handed out sense?

DETH PENALTE!!!!
    "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Gave her the Alfred Hitchcock treatment. Put the fear of God (or at least the police) in her.

"Scared Straight," anyone?

Kevin

Comment

When in the land of rednecks don't exepct common sense to prevail.

There are alot of retirees around these parts with nothing better todo and you can bet your sweet bippy Pasco county will be on the recieving end over this one
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Video (IE only, link for all else on page)...

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by KRSESQ
            Gave her the Alfred Hitchcock treatment. Put the fear of God (or at least the police) in her.

"Scared Straight," anyone?

Kevin
            I agree, give her a little scare now before she gets comfortable with stealing.

Jeff
            -We stop learning when We die, and some
            people just don't know They're dead yet!

Member of the COC!
            Minister of Confused Knightly Defence (MCKD)

Food for thought...
            - Remember when naps were a bad thing?
            - Remember 3 is the magic number....

Comment

wow... the daughter seems sooooo emotionally distressed...

"i think its going to hurt her, knowing what it's done to me, because the whole world knows."

I love the mother...

is it me or did the daughter seem a little spoiled?
              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

I dunno about spoiled, but she's certainly overfed. It's really scary how common it is for people to be so fat at such a young age now.

Supposedly the rabbit's owner is pressuring the authorities to prosecute. Sure, put her in juvie prison, let the psycho lesbians molest her, and let some drug dealer out to make room for her. This sounds like something Ward Cleaver would handle by making the Beaver apologize and give the stuff back and maybe make him do chores for the people. No TV for a month for sure. WTF is wrong with people nowadays?

Comment

Interesting. I initially thought the cop went too far, but maybe not. They sure made it sound like torture...

Comment

Perhaps the cop went too far with the handcuffs... I'd find it difficult to believe that a 9year old girl would pose much of a threat.

However, based on first impressions, she [the girl] doesn't seem that traumatised and she is after all 9. Giving the way that the mother reacted, I'd guess that this is simply another 'single parent can't contoll her child' story.

Pressing charges is perhaps a tad far, but I don't know the whole story... that girl certainly scares the shit out of me!
                    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

humm.... i thought this had something to do with suppertramp... ...

welp.... if you think she is spoilt then you should see the older people here.... forget the litle ones.....
                      "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Working...
                      X