Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAN a MARVEL G400TV WITH adis software pack under win xp do those things ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAN a MARVEL G400TV WITH adis software pack under win xp do those things ?

hello , boys , i'm an italian user , and i would use a matrox marvel g400 tv for a divx station , or more simple , 3d for me is insignificant , but is important a perfect tv out , without problems to be functionally:-)

than before i will buy a marvel g400 tv , WITH THE COMPLETE SOFTWARE PACK can i do the things listed above under windows xp professional s.pack 1 ?

1) use dual head , for see divx from pc to tv , without problems , and using the pc monitor and tv indendently

2) need of good tv out quality and zero problems

3) record from tv with mjpec pic video codec , and also determines the time when the recording must initialize (and with what program i can do this?)

4) use finally analog input-output without problems

i will casually use marvel with :
    p3 800\133ADIS SOFTWARE PACK , can i do those some things listed above
    asus cuv4x-e
    448 mb ram
    120-160 gb h.d
    sb live 5.1
    and OR MATROX MARVEL G400TV OR G550

i will use this pc only for 2d such as : see divx on tv , use time tv recording and similar , NO GAMES :-)

if the first and the third features of the marvel will work quite secure under win xp , i will buy one of them :-)

thanks very much

p.s what applications/utility (teletext , mjpeg ect) would you suggest to me ?

please peoples help me

Comment

help please....

Comment

1. yes you can use dual head. Power desk is fully functional like on normal g400. I suggest you use DivXG400 or reclock to change frame rate from divx-es that are not 25 fps (if you are using PAL)

3. Recording is a litle dificult to set up. I use virtual dub and pic video codec (matrox mjpeg dosent work for me). I get like 20 frame drops per hour.
        Set up:
        - video -> Format, set it yuy2 and full size
        - video -> compression, select pic video codec, set it to quality 19 (about 2.5 MB/s)
        - capture -> enable multisegment capture
        - capture -> setings, set frame rate to 25 (for PAL)
        - capture -> capture drives, here you can set multiple drives for segmented capture
        - capture -> prefrence, here you can save all the setings you made

You can also us Vitual DVR to use timer functions like on VCR.

For viewing TV Matrox PCVCR is the best choice, teletext works but it is a litle buggy

Comment

thanks for answers , than there is a real thing that creates problems with win xp and marvel g400tv with adis drivers ?

but becouse my most important feature are :
          tv recording
          dual head

tv recording , as i have understand works perfect , right ?
          but tv frequency are scanned ok ?
          i can use pc when i record from tv ?
          what formats are supported for recording from tv ?
          i must only select the source for recording from the program listed from you , to be all functionally?

dual head.... i haven't understand what's the real problem , i'have pal standard tv sistem , what can be the possibles problems when see ALL TIPES of divx on tv?
          it works good under win xp?
          i can also use monitor and tv indipendently under win xp ?
          colours and images are ok ?

thanks a lot
          Dario

Comment

1. For me TV recording works perfect, buet there may be isues with mother board or sound card.
            2. TV frekvencies are scaned automaticly when you install video tools, you can edit them in PC-VCR, the picture is great.
            3. you can not use your computer whille you record, disk must consantly write data and if you use Pic Video your CPU must compress all the data.
            4. With virtual dub it's Avi, you can try Ulead capture it also suports Mpeg1 and 2.

adis made his own video tools, but the power desk is from Matrox. Power desk gives you all dual head capabilites. All tipes of DivX can be played back on TV if you have all codecs installed

For more questions I suggest you search the forum.

Comment

thanks , sorry , there are only me last few question ...

1) my system is based on a p3 800 + asus cuv4x + sblive 5.1
              it would be ok ?

3) but when pc record from tv with your suggested program , the resolution of the final video , and codecs for recording , are chosen by me , right ?

and when i record for example at 720x576 from your suggested tv-recording program , i can eventually resize the tv window as i want (for example if i want to record and go in internet ...) without causing problems to tv-recording?

can i record for example in mpeg 1 ? or divx , with your suggested program (having codecs installed naturally) ?

4) finally and last question , i have understand that i can play and see all divx , but when i see them on my 32" 16/9 tv , can i have problems with dual head and resolutions of divx transported to tv and ect ?

DVDMAX GO ON WIN XP ?

5) WHAT ARE OR , ARE THERE REALS PROBLEMS OF THIS CARD UNDER WIN XP ?

thanks a lot
              Last edited by dario2; 10 April 2004, 16:37.

Comment

please those are my last questions , thanks to you i'm knowing the real potensial of the marvel ...i hope you will answers to my questions ...sorry for my english

Comment

I use the G450 eTV but the G400 is about the same.

1) my system is based on a p3 800 + asus cuv4x + sblive 5.1
                  it would be ok ?
                  You may not be able to record in the higher resolutions. An 800 MHz CPU is probably too slow for 720x480 or 720x576.

3) but when pc record from tv with your suggested program , the resolution of the final video , and codecs for recording , are chosen by me , right ?
                  Yes, except for the CPU speed limitations above.

and when i record for example at 720x576 from your suggested tv-recording program , i can eventually resize the tv window as i want (for example if i want to record and go in internet ...) without causing problems to tv-recording?
                  Yes, but if you do too much other stuff while recording you will drop frames.

can i record for example in mpeg 1 ? or divx , with your suggested program (having codecs installed naturally) ?
                  Again, CPU speed may limit your options.

4) finally and last question , i have understand that i can play and see all divx , but when i see them on my 32" 16/9 tv , can i have problems with dual head and resolutions of divx transported to tv and ect ?
                  I watch DIVX, MPG, MP4 on TV via DVDMAX all the time. You can choose 4:3 or 16:9 TV settings (I've only used 4:3) and you can scale video files to either fill the screen (no borders) or retain aspect ratio.

DVDMAX GO ON WIN XP ?

5) WHAT ARE OR , ARE THERE REALS PROBLEMS OF THIS CARD UNDER WIN XP ?
                  I think there is't official support for the G400 eTV under Windows XP. But the Windows 2000 drivers work.

Comment

my real last question is :
                    with marvel g400tv adis driver , win xp , matrox dvdmax utilities to see directly divx for example on tv , will work ?

and i will have no problems with all types of divx is there are the codecs ?
                    also the output to tv for example 32" 16\9 will be god without defotmations ?

dsorry dfor last questions but i want to have a minimal secure of success for my divx station :-)

Comment

with marvel g400tv adis driver , win xp , matrox dvdmax utilities to see directly divx for example on tv , will work ?
                      Yes, you can watch DIVX files on your TV.

and i will have no problems with all types of divx is there are the codecs ?
                      Yes, All DIVX files (assuming you don't have bad files).

also the output to tv for example 32" 16\9 will be god without defotmations ?
                      Again, I've never tried the 16:9 mode but they seem to work fine in 4:3. I think the matrox card assumes square pixels so you may see some minor aspect ratio problems with some files.

Comment

thanks a lot , all my questions are answered , thank you very much

p.d finylly , would format do you suggest to me to capture from tv , creating files of max 1gb\hour with good quality and in rapporting of a p3 900 + o - ?

Comment

You may not be able to record in the higher resolutions. An 800 MHz CPU is probably too slow for 720x480 or 720x576.
                          It's not the because the CPU.
                          You can only capture at max 704x576 (PAL) not 720x with the Marvel.
                          Don't even try. It doesn't work.
                          And, do not try to instal WDM drivers, which does capture 720x576, but not with the Marvel cards.
                          Especially in WinXP you can run in trouble trying to play with WDM drivers.
                          DON'T!!!

Fred H
                          It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
                          ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by dario2
                            thanks a lot , all my questions are answered , thank you very much

p.d finylly , would format do you suggest to me to capture from tv , creating files of max 1gb\hour with good quality and in rapporting of a p3 900 + o - ?
                            ok , and for this question ?
                            what you suggest to me ?

Comment

Do capture with MJPEG codec, e.g. PICVideo in PAL 704x576.
                              The CPU power is ok, maybe you'll drop some frames.
                              I suggest to capture with AVI_IO at http://www.nct.ch/multimedia/avi_io/index.html
                              or VirtualDub (free)
                              You can also capture in 388x576 (1/2 size) than convert to full size. Not much quality lost.

A dedicated phisical harddisk is imperativ. Do not capture to the system HD and don't capture to a virtual partition.

Do NOT capture in MPEG2. MPEG2 loads the CPU very havy.

You can also search this forum. You can find tons of useful advices.

Fred H
                              It ain't over 'til the fat lady sings...
                              ------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X