G400 Fatal Exception problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G400 Fatal Exception problem

Hi all, having a problem with a G400 which I hope you guys might shed some light on if you please?!

Had fatal exception errors whenever accessing the printer and whenever shutting down on Windows 98 box with a celeron 800, 128MB RAM and a G400. As suggested on several sites I removed the G400 driver and the problem goes away. I have now tried a number of old G400 drivers to try and find one that doesnt cause this problem but with no luck. The WHQL driver W9x_622 seems to be the most stable so far but still causes the shutdown Fatal Exception.

Does anyone know any drivers that run more stably than this? Are there non matrox drivers that will work with this card to give me half decent graphics with no errors?

I only want to use the computer for general office tasks and a little photo editing and I only use one screen so could live without the finer points of the G400.

Please help if you can,

much obliged,

ffingers

Try to install drivers for Your mainboard, maybe this will help.
    A CRAY is the only computer that runs an endless loop in just 4 hours...

Comment

Win98, or Win98SE? What version exactly? Older versions of Win98 are bad at AGP. Also, USB printer, or parallel port?

Motherboard drivers properly updated and installed?

Run <I>msinfo32</I>, does it report any conflicts?
      Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
      X