Ender's Game das Movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ender's Game das Movie

It looks like the Ender's Game movie is well under way. The writers of X-men 2 will assist Orson Scott Card in touching up his screenplay for the silver screen. Wolfgang Peterson (Troy, The Perfect Storm, Air Force One, Outbreak, In the Line of Fire, and DAS BOOT) will be directing. Anticipated release will be in 2006, with filming starting towards the end of the year.

I just hope they don't ()%@# up the story like they are doing with I, Robot. Poor Issac Asimov is probably rolling in his grave

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Re: Ender's Game das Movie

Originally posted by Jammrock
    Poor Issac Asimov is probably rolling in his grave
    Heh.. no he isn't.. HIS BRAIN HAS DECAYED TO NOTHING!

hehe.. I read somewhere that that was Asimovs greatest fear about dying, and I always thought he was a pompous ass.
    Last edited by KvHagedorn; 11 April 2004, 16:33.

Comment

If they screw this one up, I'll be VERY disappointed.

It looks like they're actually trying to do a good job, though.

- Steve

Comment

Hmmm not sure it will make that good a movie... I mean - too many blimmin kids
        DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Originally posted by GNEP
          Hmmm not sure it will make that good a movie... I mean - too many blimmin kids
          I read an interview with Card about that exact issue. He said that his script called for only 3-4 main child actors. He limited the total amount on acting all the others did besides Ender. Then used Ender's instructors at the Battle School to move the story along, so it wouldn't all be kids, but still enough to develop the absolute main child characters.

Jammrock

Comment

Ahh... sort of like "Lord of the Flies" with 3 - 5 boys.
            Interesting concept.
            chuck
            Chuck
            秋音的爸爸

Comment

Interesting, I wonder how some of the pivitol monents of the book will get transferred to film.
              Not giving anything away but the bullying on earth and the encounter Bonzo Madrid will give the sensors something to think about.
              Having 10 year old boys wanting to kill all the 'buggers' if definatly not pc nowerdays.

I see Warner have taken an option on Enders Shadow as well this will be interesting as well as it is essentially the same story seen through someone elses viewpiont.

One thing I do know is that Speaker for the Dead will not make it to film (unless they do an I Robot)

Breezer
              Everything I say is true apart from that which is not

Comment

The movie is based on the combined experiences of Ender's Game and Ender's Shodow ... and Warner does own the options to both.

Comment

Ewww, okay, that was the worst thing I wanted to hear. Half of the fun of <I>Ender's Shadow</I> was seeing so much of what Ender missed.
                  Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                  X