Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Softdvd region change

Hi guys:
    Many moons ago (early ’99 I think) I invested in a system built around Marvel 200 & MSP under W98, which has given me great service since then, for my simple purposes. Along with the Marvel I got a product called Softdvd. At that time, although resident in UK, I only had region 1 dvds, so I changed the region code to 1 after getting advice from the gurus on the forum. The majority of my dvd library is now region 2, & I would like to change the region code again, but I’ve forgotten how to do it . Did I take notes last time? – I thought I did but cannot find them. I have searched the forums, found lots of posts on Softdvd, but nothing covering my ancient setup. I know that I only have a few changes allowed before the thing locks up, but I reckon that my system has a remaining life of 18 months max before I am forced to upgrade, so if anyone can remember details of the change I will be really grateful to hear from you.
    regards
    Roger

You need to find out, which DVD-ROM drive you have.

Then you need to google up cracked region free firmware and flash your DVD.

Go to this page, find your drive, download region free firmware and flash it. Now you can watch DVDs from any region.

The region free is a software solution, that allows changing regions without flash (the flash poses a small risk if it goes wrong).

Your number one information source for everything "region-free". Providing detailed info about Blu-ray & DVD region codes, discs, and region-free players.
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 8 April 2004, 20:36.

Comment

hi friend:

many thanks for trying to help - sadly I have downloaded regionfree dvd, & had a look at the settings, & tried it out. & now I cannot play either region 1 or region 0 dvds. When I start the region free package on either type of DVD, I get a message saying

"Drive hasn’t region protection", &
      "Disk has CSS protection".

It also tells me what region the DVD is. Then when I start Zoran SoftDVD to play the DVD, & hit the play icon, it says

"Your machine is not compatible with current DVD’s region", & does nothing more.

My DVD drive is a Creative DVD 5241E/DVD5320E, & the Zoran player version is 2.523_2.05 Matrox G200

any other ideas?
      regards
      Roger

Comment

http://www.slysoft.com/en/anydvd.html will do it, you can download a trial too! hope this helps

Comment

Go to link above and download cracked region free firmware for your creative drive (the one is for Creative 5241E, make sure you confirm you have this drive).

Flash your drive and uninstall all software solutions.

Comment

Working...
          X